shape
carat
color
clarity

Rather odd question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Would you find it weird if you went to an office/church/etc gathering where people brought food and someone included the nutritional facts on the item they brought like calories, etc? Or would you appreciate it?

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
I would think it was weird AND I would appreciate it!
9.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry, but I find that extremely amusing!

I could completely unsderstand a list of ingredients for diclosure and safety purposes, so I guess this is just taking it one step further.

For a bake sale, not odd. For a pot luck, a little odd, IMO.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Was it something that they made? How was it noted on there?

If it were something they made I would think it was really weird.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I would think it very strange. But I think I would appreciate it as well.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Fiery- I took it as this was a pot luck and people brought dishes and desserts that were made at home. Which would lead me to assume they had to calculate everything themselves...

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Odd? Yes. Useful? Yes.
9.gif
At a weight watchers gathering - not odd, and definitely useful.

ETA: There are a large group of folks in my office on WW, so points/nutritional info is occasionally included with treats.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/13/2009 10:21:00 AM
Author: redfaerythinker
I would think it very strange. But I think I would appreciate it as well.
ditto,

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I''d consider that to be rather odd. Not that I wouldn''t appreciate the information and I see how it could be useful for those counting calories and what not...but it''s just not common, you know?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I''d consider it uncommon, but not odd. They might be taking into consideration those who are diabetic, etc.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d think it was a little quirky but it wouldn''t bother me

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it would be great personally! I wish more things had calorie contents on them.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I probably wouldn''t even notice until after I ate whatever it was and someone else pointed out the information to me.

And then I''d probably ignore it and eat some more.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2009 11:06:31 AM
Author: neatfreak
I think it would be great personally! I wish more things had calorie contents on them.
Ditto.

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
I would think that it was uncommonly considerate.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
given nut allergies, lactose intolerance as well as gluten intolerance...not to mention other food allergies, i think it would be appreciated.

i saw someone at the farmers market this past wednesday bringing homemade cookies to one of the vendors....and she pointed out that she''d labeled them with an ingredient list.....and it was definitely appreciated by said vendor.

mz

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I would assume they either had an eating disorder or severe allergies!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is hysterical.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Ok so the consensus looks like most people would agree it was at least a little weird lol.

I was curious because DH has to bring food to his office and I had the random thought of putting the nutrition info on it since I know its always hard for me to judge the calories, etc in food that isn''t labeled. Something could look healthy enough but could have 100 or 500 calories and you just don''t know I''ll stick with not doing it though... thanks guys!

And yes, I do count all of my calories, etc because I''m on weight watchers.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I would be surprised that someone did it, but I would ignore what it said like I do any other nutritional label and eat it if it looked yummy.

exoticisabella

Shiny_Rock
As a gal who has peanut allergies, I would be floating on cloud nine. No more avoiding food that I can''t identify or tracking down the maker of the food to ask, "does this have peanuts in it"
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2009 12:31:27 AM
Author: exoticisabella
As a gal who has peanut allergies, I would be floating on cloud nine. No more avoiding food that I can''t identify or tracking down the maker of the food to ask, ''does this have peanuts in it''
36.gif
I hear you on this, so important.
5.gif

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I would appreciate it. It would help persons who want to avoid too many calories, or other ingredients in the dish.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Oobie!! Do it! I think it''s refreshing! At the very least, most people know from the recipe book what the average calorie count per serving is going to be. I think it''s very thoughtful for someone to inform folks about it.

You could be a trendsetter. Girl, rock that out!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oddly cool... i agree with others that i would love to see that...well as long as it wasn''t a dessert and i was planning to stuff my face with it and it was 500 cals per ounce or something. lol. then i could just block it out i guess.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2009 10:02:31 AM
Author:oobiecoo
Would you find it weird if you went to an office/church/etc gathering where people brought food and someone included the nutritional facts on the item they brought like calories, etc? Or would you appreciate it?
The calorie info is odd as most are aware that certain treats like a chocolate cake has a ton of calories and sugar in it. If a person is diabetic, they *should* know what they can and cannot eat based on experience/testing blood glucose levels.

Listing *ingredients* is thoughtful however because of the food allergy issue.

Just wanted to note that at my kids' school we are NOT allowed to bring home baked products. Everything must be store bought with ingredients listed on it. We've had kids in class with peanut allergies & celiac so the school is strict.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Totally cool in my book!

We cook/bake a lot from Cooking Light recipes, so whenever we contribute a dish to a dinner party or like event, I usually always mention that it''s a CL recipe, but never thought to take it further than that.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results