shape
carat
color
clarity

Rare Stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/20/2010 11:34:30 PM
Author: Revolution
You''re messin'' with me, aren''t you?

I got sucked in to a little scam cooked up by the regulars here regarding a ''new find'' of Paraiba about a year and a half ago (strangely enough, it was right around April 1...). Being the trusting soul that I am, I went for it hook, line, sinker, fisherman and boat.

Ha Ha. Funny funny. Jokes on you.

Hey Chrono, you listening??????
You trusting little soul!
9.gif

Seriously, reported elsewhere (on another forum that I won''t link to) there were pictures and reports of finds in Afghanistan and Pakistan. The bi-coloured Hauyne pictured is phenomenal - an outer core of green with the neon blue inside.
30.gif
It had me drooling. I haven''t seen any photos of the Pakistani Hauyne so no idea if they''re pretty or not. This is all second hand btw and I have no personal knowledge of this so if you''re being suckered, then so am I!!!!
23.gif

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/20/2010 7:21:05 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
The find in Afghanistan of bi-colour Hauyne?????
Yup - a lot of what is showing up is fake, but there are some reputable finds as well, from what I hear.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/20/2010 11:34:30 PM
Author: Revolution
You''re messin'' with me, aren''t you?

I got sucked in to a little scam cooked up by the regulars here regarding a ''new find'' of Paraiba about a year and a half ago (strangely enough, it was right around April 1...). Being the trusting soul that I am, I went for it hook, line, sinker, fisherman and boat.

Ha Ha. Funny funny. Jokes on you.

Hey Chrono, you listening??????
I’m here and listening; I swear this new bi-coloured Hauyne is’t by me.
12.gif
I am also keeping tabs on this new Hauyne discussion elsewhere at the moment too to see what comes out of it. I rarely set my stones so keeping the softer collector stones in their gem boxes isn’t an issue for me.

RevolutionGems

Shiny_Rock
Actually, I did a little looking around last night and there does seem to be some coming out of Afghanistan, I saw that bicolor piece and it was pretty cool.

I get the impression that the Afghan material is most often green rather than the blue material that comes out of Germany. I am going to keep an eye out for this material. I can''t get ahold of my contact in Pakistan so I don''t know if this stuff is circulating in the Peshewar gem markets.

If anyone else sees anything interesting in this, please let us know.

empress

Shiny_Rock
TL -

9 conch pearls? Wow - that is amazing. They''re not cultivated, nor does here seem to be much of an organized market. (Maybe because they fade in light...)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results