shape
carat
color
clarity

Rare Gems

ILoveGems14

Rough_Rock
Can you guys name some rare Gems.
Here's my list: Red Diamond, Poudretteite, Serendibite, Triphylite, bixbite, Jeremejevite, Cats Eye alexandrite, Musgravite, And Painite.

Thanks,
ILoveGems14

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
Musgravite should be on the list as well.

Kroshka

ILoveGems14

Rough_Rock
ok,
I'll edit my list.

Thanks,
ILoveGems14

ILoveGems14

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know what the rarest Gemstone ever is?
If so can you make a list please In your reply.

Thanks,
ILoveGems14

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Painite should be on the list. Rarity is a difficult thing to measure.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rare because they aren't found beyond a certain ct weight?
Rare because there just aren't many available (regardless of whether they are facetable or wearable)?
Rare regardless of beauty and sparkle potential (granted this is subjective)?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is almost impossible to answer because there are so many rare gemstones. For example, years ago you could get Bixbite but now gems that have great clarity over 1ct are difficult to find. You can find poor specimens however. So, because you can still buy specimens commercially, does this make it rare? My answer would be yes. Also, anything that has been mined out (for the time being) should be on the list but that makes things difficult as well! lol

There's a website that lists the top 10 rarest gemstones in the world but I can't find a link to it at the mo. The problem with these lists is, for example, I have one of nearly every gem on your list - so are they really that rare?! :read: :confused: :D

Tariq wali

Rough_Rock
painite still a rare mineral ?

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
I don't like this list!

Serendibite rare - yes and no!! Srilanka bluish green yes - burmese "black" ( bluish green in transmitted light) no!!!

Vesuviane yes and no - green and brown cheap - pink and chrome green from Canada extremely rare!!!

Titanite - yes and no - REAL chrome titanite from Russia / Sarany is extremely rare - yellow and green from Madagascat or Pakistan - no problem!!!

Chrysoberyl - a common gem - not expensive but try to find a Leucochrysoberyl, a Vanadium ( bluishgreen!!!) or a red chrysoberyl ( not Alexandrite!!)!!!

grayish blue Spinel rare - no! Cobalt spinel from Luc Yen - oh YES!!!!

Try to find a natural pinkviolet Katlang Topaz!!

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Marlow|1405536194|3714556 said:
I don't like this list!

Serendibite rare - yes and no!! Srilanka bluish green yes - burmese "black" ( bluish green in transmitted light) no!!!

Vesuviane yes and no - green and brown cheap - pink and chrome green from Canada extremely rare!!!

Titanite - yes and no - REAL chrome titanite from Russia / Sarany is extremely rare - yellow and green from Madagascat or Pakistan - no problem!!!

Chrysoberyl - a common gem - not expensive but try to find a Leucochrysoberyl, a Vanadium ( bluishgreen!!!) or a red chrysoberyl ( not Alexandrite!!)!!!

grayish blue Spinel rare - no! Cobalt spinel from Luc Yen - oh YES!!!!

Try to find a natural pinkviolet Katlang Topaz!!

Very good point, that rarity seems to depend on quality rather than occurrence.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Some more gems come to mind. Colourless (leuco) garnet, large uvarovite garnets, and haüyne with good colour (esp in sizes over a ct) are rare. Not sure about 'the rarest gems' but yeah.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results