shape
carat
color
clarity

Random q for the owners of new bands, rings, stackers...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you wear them with your older rings/sets, does it bother you if one piece is clearly more scratched/patina''d than another?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2010 8:28:37 PM
Author:yssie
When you wear them with your older rings/sets, does it bother you if one piece is clearly more scratched/patina''d than another?
No
2.gif
But if it bother you then simply have your old bands polished or plated and then voila, problem solved!

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
How to update your look???/ Just add an new stacker. I just make sure I have mine cleaned by jeweler before I put new stuff next to old that way everything is shiny and pretty.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

stci

Ideal_Rock
Yes it bother me sooooo much!
29.gif
19.gif

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
My plain wedding band is way more patina-ed than my ering because I ALWAYS wear my wedding band and am very careful with my ering. I love the look because it allows each piece to stand out, rather than them looking like a "set." My husband never wants me to polish my wedding band because it shows the time we have come, but I plan on keeping my ering nice and polished :)

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Yup, it bothers me. My new engagement ring is all shiny and bright, my wedding band is scratched and decrepit haha! I''m shopping for a new wedding band anyway, mine was not great quality to begin with.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope, it doesn''t bother me at all.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
The rings that I stack most often are my Tiffany floral ring and an LOGR solitare. The Tiffany is silver and scratched, but I love it that way. The LOGR has pave diamonds and is in yellow gold, and much newer. I don''t mind that they''re different at all! It also doesn''t bother me that the Tiffany has scratches and the LOGR doesn''t. I think I might actually be picky though if they were both the same color and didn''t match in terms of gold color (different alloys).

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
I`m wearing my new band with my e-ring, which has a slightly scratched underside but from the top view both look like new. So I try not to let this bother me as it`s not really visible to anyone but me. But if it does bother me too much, I`m going to simply have it re-plated and all should be just fine again.
3.gif

lweber

Shiny_Rock
I really don''t like the patina-look at all, so having one with it and one nice and shiney would bother me.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Doesn''t really bother me! I love platinum, patina and all. More patina = more love. My newer pieces will hopefully get there one day, too
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results