color
clarity

Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He really is too much, you guys would not believe how much trouble this one is!

As requested….thanks @Mreader =)2

5AE06C4E-2BF5-45DD-979E-E914A24092D2.jpeg

I want to hear ALL about the exploits!!!!! Post all the trouble!!!:bigsmile:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to hear ALL about the exploits!!!!! Post all the trouble!!!:bigsmile:

Well where to start…

He LOVES food so if you are eating he will jump into the middle of your plate if you’re not at the table (he did this to me in fact. Or if we are eating dinner he will sit on the floor at the edge of the table and then jump up and swipe something quick and take off with it.

He jumps onto the bird cage and tries to get at our bird, think Godzilla clinging to the building. Yeah, I don’t have a solution for this yet but he is legit after the bird so….

He will wait in the shower for someone to come in and if it’s one of the boys he will try to play with their “stream”. Yes, totally gross, he has not gotten peed on yet but it would not surprise me.

Have to be careful when you go outside because he will try to escape. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Cant leave any dishes in the sink because he will sit in the sink and eat or drink whatever is in there.

He will randomly pounce on our small old dogs, thank goodness they are sweet but it’s like he escaped from the asylum and is trying to hitch a ride on one of them.

He will play in the sink get all wet and then roll around in the litter box, that is fun apparently!

He has jumped into the trash and started eating stuff. He has jumped into the dog food storage container and started eating. If you try to stop him he growls and becomes like a Tasmanian devil.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well where to start…

He LOVES food so if you are eating he will jump into the middle of your plate if you’re not at the table (he did this to me in fact. Or if we are eating dinner he will sit on the floor at the edge of the table and then jump up and swipe something quick and take off with it.

He jumps onto the bird cage and tries to get at our bird, think Godzilla clinging to the building. Yeah, I don’t have a solution for this yet but he is legit after the bird so….

He will wait in the shower for someone to come in and if it’s one of the boys he will try to play with their “stream”. Yes, totally gross, he has not gotten peed on yet but it would not surprise me.

Have to be careful when you go outside because he will try to escape. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Cant leave any dishes in the sink because he will sit in the sink and eat or drink whatever is in there.

He will randomly pounce on our small old dogs, thank goodness they are sweet but it’s like he escaped from the asylum and is trying to hitch a ride on one of them.

He will play in the sink get all wet and then roll around in the litter box, that is fun apparently!

He has jumped into the trash and started eating stuff. He has jumped into the dog food storage container and started eating. If you try to stop him he growls and becomes like a Tasmanian devil.

Wow! This is crazy behavior!
Maybe he'll mellow out with time .......

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! This is crazy behavior!
Maybe he'll mellow out with time .......

I told you! The woman who runs the shelter said he will probably mellow out in five years :eek2:

Nothing we can’t handle but he is just big trouble :lol-2:

DmdRunner

Rough_Rock
I am so loving all of the CKC photos! Spaniels are my favorite.
IMG_3553.jpeg

I’m with you! I love my CKC more than anything! I wonder if I could ask your opinion on my other dog. I took my other dog from a very bad situation after we lost our beloved standard poodle to congenital kidney disease. I wanted a dog I could help. I found her on Craigslist as a re-home and she was so badly neglected and definitely in a hoarder situation. Suffice it to say her fur was falling out from a horrible flea infestation as well as double ear infections, no vaccines and no vet care her whole life. I have been fixing her with long runs, veterinary care, and a lamb and fish diet to heal her coat and skin. She is one year old (confirmed by vet) and I was told by the previous owner a border collie-lab mix. But I can’t help but think she’s got some springer spaniel in there—especially after seeing your beautiful dog. What do you think? Do you see it with the markings and shape of head? IMG_5376.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0813.jpeg
    IMG_0813.jpeg
    236 KB · Views: 4

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@DmdRunner Just wanted to say your new girl is adorable and has such a precious face! She is so lucky you were there to give her a good home. I teared-up a little reading about her background. I hope she and your sweetie CKC will have years of fun together!

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
I’m with you! I love my CKC more than anything! I wonder if I could ask your opinion on my other dog. I took my other dog from a very bad situation after we lost our beloved standard poodle to congenital kidney disease. I wanted a dog I could help. I found her on Craigslist as a re-home and she was so badly neglected and definitely in a hoarder situation. Suffice it to say her fur was falling out from a horrible flea infestation as well as double ear infections, no vaccines and no vet care her whole life. I have been fixing her with long runs, veterinary care, and a lamb and fish diet to heal her coat and skin. She is one year old (confirmed by vet) and I was told by the previous owner a border collie-lab mix. But I can’t help but think she’s got some springer spaniel in there—especially after seeing your beautiful dog. What do you think? Do you see it with the markings and shape of head? IMG_5376.jpeg

The second picture, in semi-profile, definitely has a similarity to a Springer head and nose! You have done a terrific job rehoming her--look at that fur and those trusting eyes!!!

DmdRunner

Rough_Rock
Thank you! We’ve had her just three months, and I think she’s finally settled in and calmed down. She was very skittish and barked at everything when we first got her. She was so unhealthy when we brought her home that she couldn’t stop scratching or shaking her head. Now, She loves to go for runs with me. She is not enjoying being cooped up in this ice storm!

My guess is it was a border collie-springer mix and lab. One day I should do a DNA test to find out for sure.

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
PS’ers are not only my people because of our love for jewelry but our pets too!

We had the most amazing cattle dog mix named Baxter. Quiet, fiercely loyal and never needed a leash because he followed us everywhere.

A couple of years ago, my husband was perusing NextDoor on his computer and someone had posted a photo of a scared puppy named “Baxter” in our local shelter. The volunteer took this extra step to post outside of the normal channels to get him adopted because he had stopped eating from the stress. My husband showed me the picture because of the name and I knew he was for us. The protocol to adopt in my city is to go online and put in an application then wait, wait and wait. Being the assertive type, I printed my application and showed up at the shelter the next day.

He literally wouldn’t move when we first adopted him, frozen with fear. His nickname became “scoops” because we had to scoop him up to move him anywhere. It has taken almost 2 years of daily training to build his confidence. He is still very shy but has been taught some coping skills when he becomes afraid. He is very afraid of children. We renamed him Billy because there will only be one Baxter for us, who passed away last year at 13.

Baxter and Billy…
IMG_2599.jpeg

Billy…
IMG_2930.jpeg

Last edited:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Hi @Calliecake, the “kids” are doing well. Archie has been here about two weeks. He and his new sister are doing well together. We had about one week of hissing and cat drama, but things are settling in now. She even grooms him sometimes. Archie is 3.5 months/ Gigi 6.5 months, everyone is growing fast!.

Archie is super snuggly and demands petting often.
IMG_9888.jpeg IMG_9878.jpeg IMG_9809.jpeg IMG_9849.jpeg IMG_9900.jpeg IMG_9848.jpeg IMG_9895.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9849.jpeg
    IMG_9849.jpeg
    365.9 KB · Views: 9

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Calliecake, the “kids” are doing well. Archie has been here about two weeks. He and his new sister are doing well together. We had about one week of hissing and cat drama, but things are settling in now. She even grooms him sometimes. Archie is 3.5 months/ Gigi 6.5 months, everyone is growing fast!.

Archie is super snuggly and demands petting often.
IMG_9888.jpeg IMG_9878.jpeg IMG_9809.jpeg IMG_9849.jpeg IMG_9900.jpeg IMG_9848.jpeg IMG_9895.jpeg

so cute

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh @MMtwo, They are both beyond adorable and look very happy and content in their new home. These pictures are the epitome of cuteness overload!!! Thank you so much for posting them. I’m so happy for you!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m going to preface this with two warnings. First, this is rather gross, if you are easily grossed out then don’t read this. Also, you should never do this, I know this, but in my state of panic, I reacted without thinking.

Hodor, (renamed from Bob) he is a handful like I’ve said before. Yesterday I was getting the kids ready for school, and I was in the bedroom while younger son was brushing his teeth. All of a sudden there is all this commotion and older son starts yelling for me. I run down the hallway and into the bathroom to find older son holding Hodor and he is vomiting all over the place, it’s on the floor, on the wall, just everywhere.

Older son was facing away from me and when he turned around I saw a shoelace hanging out of the cats mouth. I pulled the shoelace out and I swear it was the longest shoelace I have ever seen. Then it was a wait and see to see if he continued to get sick and was eating and using the box. Thankfully he seems to be okay, no idea how he got the shoelace but he has a habit of picking things up and carrying them around in his mouth. He is the only cat I’ve ever had that does this.

Today he is totally fine but just minutes ago I see him with something else…a seashell! So I had to distract him with a jingle ball in a bag and get the seashell away from him. You can’t just run over and take it because he will pick it up in his mouth and runaway and go where you can’t reach him. Our house is pretty clean but with kids there is always something, a Lego in a corner or a bouncy ball under the couch, it’s impossible to find all the little things this cat discovers.

Ugh!

AEA8FF65-A96D-4120-9414-EC4F2DF0A76C.jpeg

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada Yikes! Either end of a sick cat is just yuck. :sick: I hope Hodor is feeling much better and is back to being a stinker!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada Yikes! Either end of a sick cat is just yuck. :sick: I hope Hodor is feeling much better and is back to being a stinker!

It was a horror scene lol! He is fine today, running around and being a nut. I was just doing dishes (no dishwasher) and he was sitting on the counter staring at the dish pan. I was afraid he was going to jump in! :roll2:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m going to preface this with two warnings. First, this is rather gross, if you are easily grossed out then don’t read this. Also, you should never do this, I know this, but in my state of panic, I reacted without thinking.

Hodor, (renamed from Bob) he is a handful like I’ve said before. Yesterday I was getting the kids ready for school, and I was in the bedroom while younger son was brushing his teeth. All of a sudden there is all this commotion and older son starts yelling for me. I run down the hallway and into the bathroom to find older son holding Hodor and he is vomiting all over the place, it’s on the floor, on the wall, just everywhere.

Older son was facing away from me and when he turned around I saw a shoelace hanging out of the cats mouth. I pulled the shoelace out and I swear it was the longest shoelace I have ever seen. Then it was a wait and see to see if he continued to get sick and was eating and using the box. Thankfully he seems to be okay, no idea how he got the shoelace but he has a habit of picking things up and carrying them around in his mouth. He is the only cat I’ve ever had that does this.

Today he is totally fine but just minutes ago I see him with something else…a seashell! So I had to distract him with a jingle ball in a bag and get the seashell away from him. You can’t just run over and take it because he will pick it up in his mouth and runaway and go where you can’t reach him. Our house is pretty clean but with kids there is always something, a Lego in a corner or a bouncy ball under the couch, it’s impossible to find all the little things this cat discovers.

Ugh!

I'm so glad he's Ok! What a scare!
My cat likes to chew on rubber bands, hair elastics, shoe laces, yarn, cords from the window blinds ,etc.
And he will eat them, barf them up or they will end up in the poo.
So I have to be very careful and not leave any stringy things around where he can get them.
He once ate a 12" section of yarn.
And once while I was restringing some pearls, he chewed through the string and swallowed the string with beading needle attached! The beading needle is actually a 2" piece of flexible wire, so I was freaking out. It finally came out all bunched up in the poo.

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad he's Ok! What a scare!
My cat likes rubber bands, hair elastics, shoe laces, yarn, cords from the window blinds ,etc.
And he will eat them, barf them up or they will end up in the poo.
So I have to be very careful and not leave any stringy things around where he can get them.
He once ate a 12" section of yarn.
And once while I was restringing some pearls, he chewed through the string and swallowed the string with beading needle attached! The beading needle is actually a 2" piece of flexible wire, so I was freaking out. It finally came out as bunched up wad in the poo.

OMG you are so lucky none of it has gotten stuck! I had a cat a long time ago who ate the ribbon attached to a balloon, had to have surgery to remove it, it was like $600 back in 1998!

Merlin (the big dog) eats stuff. I have pulled half of a towel out of him before. It’s just ridiculous what pets will get themselves into.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG you are so lucky none of it has gotten stuck! I had a cat a long time ago who ate the ribbon attached to a balloon, had to have surgery to remove it, it was like $600 back in 1998!

Merlin (the big dog) eats stuff. I have pulled half of a towel out of him before. It’s just ridiculous what pets will get themselves into.

I'm really careful not to leave anything out where he can get it. I keep all my shoes in a cabinet so he can't get them.
DH tucks his laces inside the shoe. I keep the blind cords wound up so they don't dangle. Hair elastics, rubber bands, ribbons, string, all kept in containers.
Better safe than sorry!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2024-01-30 at 7.18.32 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Princess Gracie Frances is so helpful
She is showing her daddy (who just had TKR surgery last week) how to use the walker :)
What a helpful little princess she is

Screen Shot 2024-01-30 at 11.12.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-01-30 at 11.13.01 AM.png

First we must remove the tag though thanks Gracie for pointing that out

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
@YadaYadaYada

Ugh!

Lordt, this one's running the asylum!:lol-2: He's giving the cutest smug ev-i-al look.
Are you wondering what I'm going to do next? So am I, tee-hee!
Ooh, I love your cat charger!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
She and her dad have matching sweaters now. She's excited to show off her new duds to the guys and the dump and the ladies at the little store this weekend when it's time for errands with dad! She'll get extra treats for sure.
20240131_134504.jpg 20240131_134514.jpg
Does anyone else's pet just refuse to comply with pictures? I have to surprise her and she bolts or purposefully stops being cute(here's a sneeze instead for ya, ma) when she sees a phone. How does she know?!:lol:
20240129_150509.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While we’re on the subject of “some” pets behaving badly, Blanche has taken up the pastime of trying to murder plants. There are 2 material things that matter to me in this world: my plants and my jewelry. I’m sure if she could get to the jewelry she’d be trying to murder it as well.

She goes back to the vet Friday for more vax boosters. I’m not going to feel terribly sorry for her this time!

IMG_2798.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2843.jpeg
    IMG_2843.jpeg
    297.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2835.jpeg
    IMG_2835.jpeg
    206.5 KB · Views: 14

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
While we’re on the subject of “some” pets behaving badly, Blanche has taken up the pastime of trying to murder plants. There are 2 material things that matter to me in this world: my plants and my jewelry. I’m sure if she could get to the jewelry she’d be trying to murder it as well.

She goes back to the vet Friday for more vax boosters. I’m not going to feel terribly sorry for her this time!

IMG_2798.jpeg

Hahahahaa.
Oh, thank god you're here, the plants were levitating. The plants! Mmhmm, I know, I told it I don't care about your big leaves, plants can't fly. I tried to stop them. I did!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahahahaa.
Oh, thank god you're here, the plants were levitating. The plants! Mmhmm, I know, I told it I don't care about your big leaves, plants can't fly. I tried to stop them. I did!

Thanks for the laugh! I had been feeling a little sorry for myself over these plant mutilations. Perspective!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw but she is so cute @monarch64!

I do feel your pain though having lost all my succulents when we got Dexter years ago. So sadly, no plants for us :nono:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw but she is so cute @monarch64!

I do feel your pain though having lost all my succulents when we got Dexter years ago. So sadly, no plants for us :nono:

For sure her appearance makes up for her (sometimes) sh*tty personality! LOL Sorry you had to give up your plants! My solution so far has been moving most of mine to the kitchen table which she definitely cannot reach, and the rest are hanging from the ceiling. I realize neither would work with a cat, which is another reason I haven't had a kitty for so long now. I love cats...I just love my intact patience more. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results