shape
carat
color
clarity

Rahm Emmanuel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Ellen...what a great pic!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2008 4:36:30 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 11/9/2008 1:11:08 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 11/9/2008 8:14:13 AM
hmmm.gif
What does tha mean El?
31.gif
Not tellin.
wobble2.gif
9.gif

I finally found this pic in a good size that would let me save it. *buds having a moment* Love this.
That''s such a great pic!!! Love it.
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2008 4:43:55 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 11/9/2008 4:36:30 PM

Date: 11/9/2008 1:11:08 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 11/9/2008 8:14:13 AM
hmmm.gif
What does tha mean El?
31.gif
Not tellin.
wobble2.gif
9.gif

I finally found this pic in a good size that would let me save it. *buds having a moment* Love this.
That''s such a great pic!!! Love it.
36.gif
Me too
9.gif
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad ya like it!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE Rahm Emmanuel!

My mother has a lot of connections to him through friends and work; she''s already trying to get him to speak to her 8th graders when she brings them to DC next year. They''ve met with SC justices and Hillary in the past, but if they get to meet with Rahm Emmanuel, I will VOLUNTEER to chaperone that trip!

And I love short guys. Hubby is two inches shorter than me, and that doesn''t bother him one bit.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2008 6:11:43 PM
Author: Haven
I LOVE Rahm Emmanuel!

My mother has a lot of connections to him through friends and work; she''s already trying to get him to speak to her 8th graders when she brings them to DC next year. They''ve met with SC justices and Hillary in the past, but if they get to meet with Rahm Emmanuel, I will VOLUNTEER to chaperone that trip!

And I love short guys. Hubby is two inches shorter than me, and that doesn''t bother him one bit.

I am so jealous of your Rahm connection! And I like the shorties, too!

Ellen-great pic! Nothing like two dreamboats in one picture!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2008 6:37:55 PM
Author: thing2of2

I am so jealous of your Rahm connection! And I like the shorties, too!

Ellen-great pic! Nothing like two dreamboats in one picture!
Me too!
11.gif
39.gif

It really is a good pic!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Don''t have time to go through all the posts yet, but I guess I will.
I had no idea who you were talking about until today, when I read that he is Obama''s new chief of staff. From Israel. I have to confess, I feel more than a little depressed learning about Rahm''s partisanship. From my perspective as an outsider, doesn''t bode well for the US''s perceived non-partisanship in international affairs.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 4:13:50 AM
Author: LaraOnline
Don''t have time to go through all the posts yet, but I guess I will.
I had no idea who you were talking about until today, when I read that he is Obama''s new chief of staff. From Israel. I have to confess, I feel more than a little depressed learning about Rahm''s partisanship. From my perspective as an outsider, doesn''t bode well for the US''s perceived non-partisanship in international affairs.
He''s not from Israel Lara, he was born in Chicago.
28.gif

And from everything I''ve read, while he can be partisan, he is also willing to negotiate to get something done. He''s even received positive comments (on his appointment) from some Republican''s.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Doesn''t do a thing for me.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Arjuna-your guy is a hottie compared to our Taoiseach (Primeminister) Our Dail (government) would be a lot better if we had a couple of hotties in it!

briancowen.jpg

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Clever. Obama has set up the perfect "good cop, bad cop" scenario.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2008 6:03:33 PM
Author: luckystar112
UGH. What are you ladies TALKING about?!
emotion-41.gif

He''s like 4''11'', for one. And to me he looks evil. (See attached pic).

Plus I heard he has that ''temper'' that everyone is so scared of. lol

Do not want!
3.gif
12.gif

Hey! Watch it! Munchkins are people too!

Brought to you from the land of Lilliput (my hometown)
9.gif

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock
I actually read on several sites that he was 5''8 ...

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I know I am late to the party, but Rahm could totally get it.
31.gif
I too have a gimpy finger, so I feel a connection with him. (mine, however, is full intact, it just doesn''t work all the way, lol... football injury
28.gif
)

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
Yikes, i''m surprised we didn''t hear about this in the US media...Rahm''s father gave an interview to the media saying:

"Obviously he''ll influence the president to be pro-Israel. Why wouldn''t he? What is he, an Arab? He''s not going to be mopping floors at the White House."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/us_elections_2008/7729046.stm

It''s good to see that at least Rahm apologized swiftly for his father''s comments.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
An unfortunate comment by his father indeed.

I crushed on Josh Lyman for all of the West Wing''s run. This was the basis of my sister''s (MOH) toast/roast at our RD. I married a different not tall Jewish guy with strong opinions and a quick brain, but mmmm, must go borrow some West Wing DVDs to get a Josh fix.

It is tough, living in the US when having an Israeli mentality (Rahm grew up with that, even while being a native American)...We don''t mean to be hurtfully brusque, its just that we are accustomed to communicating at a shout, and as anyone who has served in the military knows, you just get a really clear idea of what is important to you and what is tangential. Rahm volunteered in the IDF (Israeli Defense Force) in the first Gulf War, he did this despite a great deal of anti-American sentiment in Israel at the time (we were being bombed and told by the US to not retaliate). He did something like rust-proofing jeeps, but clearly he has a real attachment to Israel.
This I think does not mean that he is crippled by this in peace negotiations. Lots of Israelis are willing to trade land for an end to bloodshed. Like many Jews with connections to Israel, I hope that when I have children, they will not have to serve in a war-zone, but can work for peace via education and building infrastructure. Rahm seems of that mentality. Israelis are called "sabras" after a prickly fruit indigenous to the area, its prickly as heck on the outside, but soft and delicious on the inside.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results