shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant Table %

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondshopper2005

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone...I have read a lot about the proper table % for the radiant diamond. I am looking at a radiant that has the following specs:

8.03x6.74x4.41
1.9 carat
Depth: 65.4%
Table: 70%
Color: G
Clarity: VS1
Polish: VG
Symmetry: G
Girdle: Thin-Medium
Flourescence: SB

I have seen the diamond and think it looks great, but I have gotten hung up on the table % since it seems to be out of the ranges that I have seen for the radiant.

Anyone have thoughts? Thanks.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The table size alone is nothing to be overly concerned about. How well the diamond looks and performs is most crucial. The measurements help to screen stones, but nothing replaces seeing them with your own eyes.

diamondshopper2005

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply oldminer- so nothing jumps out at you in these specs that I should be concerned about? Also, do you have an estimate as to the price of a radiant with these specs? Thanks again for your help.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
For pricing a diamond I have not personally examined, I refer folks to the Pricescope.com search to seek out comparables. It is an unbiased and consistent way to get a range of useful values and keeps the integrity of appraisers who should not offer an evaluation on something they have not examined personally. Not every nuance is considered in a Pricescope search and the same limitations apply to appraisers who might want to offer an opinion of value on unexamined diamonds. You just can''t do the job as well on things you have not seen.

There is a growing business of self evaluation and while it is efficient, there are some dangerour ramifications for consumers and insurance companies. Most of the danger is on the consumer side of this equation, however. Large companies can afford a few problems, but many consumers rely upon insurance coverage as a final resort. Doing ones own evaluation is convenient, but very much like being your own attorney. When you do that, you often find you have a fool for a client.

The pricescope search won''t "fool" you. It is based on honest diamond asking prices. However, one needs more factual data to evaluate an individual diamond than what is searched for. Thinking you get the entire answer in a search for comparables would be a foolish mistake. I hope this will clarity what is meant here, not as a criticism, but as a good explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results