shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant Solitaire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tx10

Rough_Rock
My recent engagement finally motivated me to register for PS! So of course, I'm here to share pictures. First, my ering's GIA stats:

1.17 ct radiant
7.51x5.38x3.5 mm (cut more like a 1.5 ct)
G
VS1
68% table
65.1% depth
Good Polish
Good Symmetry
No Fluorescence

ring size 5

My fiance learned of ERD on PS, which is where he purchased the ring. Now, pictures!

mgweng6.JPG

tx10

Rough_Rock
. . . a view of the table . . .

mgweng2.JPG

tx10

Rough_Rock
. . . side view . . .

mgweng3.JPG

tx10

Rough_Rock
. . . love the flower shots . . .

mgweng4.JPG

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
As a fellow radiant lover, I must say that this ring is gorgeous!! I love the shape of the stone too, very elegant.

tx10

Rough_Rock
. . . a little fire . . .

mgweng5.JPG

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Oooo, I love it. The more I see radiants, the more I like them. It looks beautiful on your hand. More pics please.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
tx10:

Another radiant lover here coming out of lurkdom to chime in!

I gotta tell ya, I love your ring! Very elegant and classic!
36.gif

Don't ya just love those radiant sparkles???
31.gif

Welcome to PS and the Radiant Club!
35.gif

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Welcome to PS and welcome out of lurkedom!
36.gif

Pretty, pretty pretty! More pictures please?

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on the engagement!!
The l/w ratio on that stone makes it looks wa-a-a-a-ay bigger than a 1.17 ct. Hmmmm....Maybe I should have done that with my cushion (don''t tell the BF I said that!!))) The flower shot is very pretty. Very nice ering!!

What kind of band are you considering?

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, another radiant lover here
31.gif
... I would love to see some close ups of your ring! It looks beautiful on your hand.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it!!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is stunning! Congratulations!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS! Your ering is beautiful! Congrats!

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow, that sucker is looks HUGE on your hand! Gorgeous
36.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! Congrats!

tx10

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/12/2007 1:53:18 PM
Author: kcoursolle
As a fellow radiant lover, I must say that this ring is gorgeous!! I love the shape of the stone too, very elegant.
Thank you so much! I originally thought I wanted an emerald cut, until I realized how sparkly radiants are. This stone was a nice compromise since the l/w ratio of 1.39 is more like an EC.

tx10

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/12/2007 8:19:02 PM
Author: dianne
The l/w ratio on that stone makes it looks wa-a-a-a-ay bigger than a 1.17 ct. Hmmmm....Maybe I should have done that with my cushion (don''t tell the BF I said that!!))) The flower shot is very pretty. Very nice ering!!

Thank you!! I''m thinking of a shared prong band with 7 stones totaling about 1 ctw. The biggest issue I have to deal with/figure out is my "gap." Because the prongs of my setting stick out pretty far, nothing I''ve looked at comes anywhere close to sitting flush. My FI does NOT want me to change the ering''s setting, so I''ll have to find something to work with it. Here''s an example of the band I like best so far:

tiffband1.jpg

tx10

Rough_Rock
Thank you to everyone for your sweet comments! I am definitely in love with my ring. Armed with all the picture taking advice I could find on PS, I''ve attempted to take some close-up pictures of the stone. Most of them turned out like this . . .

IMG_0534.JPG

tx10

Rough_Rock
But a few of them turned out better . . .

close1.JPG

tx10

Rough_Rock
. . .

053707.JPG

tx10

Rough_Rock
. . .

IMG_054307.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Stunning--congrats!!

cheers--Sharon

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE RADIANTS!!!! That is a gorgeous stone.... Congrats!!!

Fire and Ice

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Your radiant is so elegant and looks lovely on your hand!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very very very nice! Congratulations.

I really like the rectangular shape. I looked at radiants for a while before I found out about rectangular cushions. Is your radiant a "crushed ice" facet pattern or is it more organized?

It looks great on your hand.

tx10

Rough_Rock
Thanks! To tell you the truth, I'm not sure about my facet pattern. It seems to be sort of a mix between the two, if that's even possible! The GIA report calls it a "cut-cornered rectangular modified brilliant" but Mark at ERD called it a radiant. I just call it beautiful!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/13/2007 7:27:49 AM
Author: tx10

Date: 6/12/2007 8:19:02 PM
Author: dianne

Thank you!! I''m thinking of a shared prong band with 7 stones totaling about 1 ctw. The biggest issue I have to deal with/figure out is my ''gap.'' Because the prongs of my setting stick out pretty far, nothing I''ve looked at comes anywhere close to sitting flush. My FI does NOT want me to change the ering''s setting, so I''ll have to find something to work with it. Here''s an example of the band I like best so far:
Oh, that''s gorgeous! Hmmmm.....yes, you will have a gap...are you wanting no gap at all or just a small one? That band is so pretty it would be a shame for you to NOT have it...somehow...someway. I''m not very inventive but there are very imaginative folks on here that use Photoshop and could possibly offer some suggestions. If you choose to ask for help you may want to begin a new thread, though. Good luck!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you opposed to a curve band?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it! Beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results