shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant lovers - what do you think of this stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

happyscrapper40

Shiny_Rock
Hi,
Listed is the information on this radiant that I am looking at, and would like to know what you all think.

1.80 Radiant (rectangular)
F SI1
8.26 x 6.16 x 4.25
Depth 68.7%
Table 65%
EX- Polish
VG- Sym
Girdle- Thk-Vthk
GIA-
Inclusions
Feather
Crystal
Cloud
Indented natural

1.80 FSI1 Ideal scope.jpg

radiantgal

Rough_Rock
I think it looks great. I just bought a radiant almost like this and it looks very brilliant to me. Mine is also SI1 and F, Table 66%, Depth 69.2%. What kind of setting will you use? How did you get the red picture of the stone?
Radiantgal

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not in love with this stone, but that''s just me. I prefer depths in the low to mid sixties and not thick girdles. With a high sixties depth and a thick girdle the stone will appear smaller than it should.

Check this one out. If it''s an eyeclean SI2 it could be a good one. Idealscope pics and pics of the diamond itself will of course be helpful too.

http://www.whiteflash.com/radiant/Radiant-cut-diamond-346339.htm

happyscrapper40

Shiny_Rock
Here is more info on the stone

Sarin_GIA16297128.gif

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I stand by what I said. This stone will appear smaller than it should. Here''s another 1.8 carat stone with a lower depth. Look how much bigger it is than the one you''re considering.

http://www.whiteflash.com/radiant/Radiant-cut-diamond-372266.htm

I''m not saying it''s not a well cut stone, but if I''m paying a lot of money for a diamond, I would want the biggest one I could get of a certain carat weight. But of course that''s up to you.

happyscrapper40

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Coda for all of your helpful information.

I''m not sure WF will get in more than 1 stone at a time for me until I decide on the one they already have for me. Anyone know?

I found the GIA report for the 1.80 stone you mentioned.
Can you take a look at the report and tell my why the cut looks different
from what I have seen?

Thanks,
35.gif

happyscrapper40

Shiny_Rock
Picture of the F SI1 Radiant diamond

1.80 F SI1 Diamond.jpg

happyscrapper40

Shiny_Rock
Maybe this is a better pic of the stone. 1.80 F SI1

1.80 F SI1 Dia.jpg

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t tell from the GIA report that the stone looks any different from normal. You would have to see pics of the stone to see how it''s cut.

The pics of the stone you''re considering look nice, and it could be a well-cut stone. It''s just a personal preference for me to have a stone with a lower depth. That doesn''t mean a stone with a higher depth won''t be well-cut.

happyscrapper40

Shiny_Rock
This is the F SI1 and the picture of the radiant at the bottom looks different from the H VS1 (see next post)

Attachments

• GIA F SI1 Radiant.pdf
    25.4 KB · Views: 25

happyscrapper40

Shiny_Rock
I can''t attach the pic of the GIA H VS1, but here is a pic of what the radiant looks like on the GIA for the F SI1.

There is a difference and I was just wondering if anyone could explain.

rectangular radiant vs emerald.jpg

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
The difference between a radiant and an emerald cut is that the radiant is a brilliant cut diamond whereas an emerald is a step cut diamond. It''s two different cutting techniques. The brilliant cut diamonds tend to sparkle more, whereas step cut diamonds usually have a more subtle sparkle.

Both the diamond you''re considering and the H VS1 are radiants and not emeralds, so they will look similar, allowing of course for differences between individual diamonds. I don''t know why you thought there was a difference between the 2; the GIA report doesn''t indicate this.

happyscrapper40

Shiny_Rock
Sorry if this is confusing,

I do understand the difference between a radiant and an emerald cut.

The picture above was to show the pattern of the radiant (which is most common of what I have seen) and is the pattern on the GIA of the 1.80 F SI1 I mentioned.

Take a look at the GIA cert. for the 1.80 H VS1 and look at the pattern of that radiant and compare it to the above picture of the pattern of that radiant. That is my question. Why do they differ from one another?

Thanks Coda for your interest.

happyscrapper40

Shiny_Rock
Bumping for more input.

Thanks!

Freakazoid

Rough_Rock
Trying to find the cert for the H stone, WF doesn''t have it through their site?

Freakazoid

Rough_Rock
Wow...ok I found the cert at mondera. And I have to say, I honestly have NO clue why the difference. I''d put money on it just being the new representation with GIA? Not sure though. I''d LOVE to hear some insight into it. Looks sorta crazy now. Going to try to attach.

PMTJ60666_16221891.jpg

happyscrapper40

Shiny_Rock
Thanks F, I was hoping someone could help with this info. I have the stone on hold and I plan to ask more questions when it arrives at WF today.

What do you think about the other stone pictured above? (1.80 F SI1) I am concerned about the feather that is seen at the 6 o''clockish position. I was told it is a healed feather, and that it was next to the girdle. It can be seen by someone with 20/20 vision if turned in a certain position. It is not 100% eye clean.

happyscrapper40

Shiny_Rock
Radiantgal,

I plan to set it in a 3 stone setting with side traps.

Do you have pics of your ring yet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results