shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant help needed -Help me choose- pics included

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

happyscrapper40

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/1/2007 6:52:15 PM
Author: Sharon101

Date: 11/1/2007 10:47:27 AM
Author: Ideal Trilogy

in reference to the second stone F SI1 over the H VS1
In value the F SI1 is 4-6% is more valuable in book value
it is larger in spread and is more in demand world wide at the moment
a fact that will have this diamond appreciate faster in value with time
if the SI1 is not noticeable to the naked eye I would jump on it
How is the F a bigger spread, I thought it was the opposite!!!
Thanks Sharon for pointing that out.

happyscrapper40

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/1/2007 9:34:05 PM
Author: Ideal Trilogy
i have made a mistake #1 is spredier and if you are not looking to resale you diamond in the future go with #1
its larger in looks and will face up like a G color once set in platinum or white gold
Don''t you mean the G will face up like a F color once set in platinum or white gold?

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I will stick my 2 cents in here again if you don''t mind. Well cut radiants are hard to find, so if you are looking to purchase one soon, one of these 2 will probably be good for you. In addition, I think Whiteflash charges you a fee to bring in a diamond, so that is even more motivation to pick one of these two. I like the H because it does have the traditional crushed ice look that radiants tend to have. The F looks to be cut slightly different so that it doesn''t have all the facets the H has. Also, the F isn''t eyeclean and I don''t know how picky you are, but that would bother me. I would bet the H will be eyeclean since it''s a VS1. The only problem I have with the stone is that I''m not sure I''d go as low as an H in a radiant. Radiants tend to show color more, but Whiteflash has already told you that the H appears very white, and I would trust their word. The H looks to be a better cut stone, and it''s cheaper too, so I would go with that one.

happyscrapper40

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/2/2007 8:42:47 AM
Author: coda72
I will stick my 2 cents in here again if you don''t mind. Well cut radiants are hard to find, so if you are looking to purchase one soon, one of these 2 will probably be good for you. In addition, I think Whiteflash charges you a fee to bring in a diamond, so that is even more motivation to pick one of these two. I like the H because it does have the traditional crushed ice look that radiants tend to have. The F looks to be cut slightly different so that it doesn''t have all the facets the H has. Also, the F isn''t eyeclean and I don''t know how picky you are, but that would bother me. I would bet the H will be eyeclean since it''s a VS1. The only problem I have with the stone is that I''m not sure I''d go as low as an H in a radiant. Radiants tend to show color more, but Whiteflash has already told you that the H appears very white, and I would trust their word. The H looks to be a better cut stone, and it''s cheaper too, so I would go with that one.
Hi Coda
35.gif

I don''t mind your 2 cents, in fact, the H stone was recommended by you.
36.gif

I plan to have it custom set in a 3 stone ring with trap sides.

happyscrapper40

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/2/2007 11:48:06 AM
Author: happyscrapper40

Date: 11/2/2007 8:42:47 AM
Author: coda72
Hi Coda
35.gif

I don''t mind your 2 cents, in fact, the H stone was recommended by you.
36.gif

I plan to have it custom set in a 3 stone ring with trap sides.
Here is a pic of aimdog''s ring. I love it! It''s a 8 x 6.5 radiant with .51ea trap sides.
The dimensions of the stone I am looking at is 8.51 x 6.49. Mine will be slightly longer.
What a beauty!!!
30.gif

3DSC07187.JPG

happyscrapper40

Shiny_Rock

Bumping for the weekend crowd.
1.gif

happyscrapper40

Shiny_Rock
Just in case someone missed this post... bumping to get more attention
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/5/2007 10:59:57 AM
Author: happyscrapper40
Just in case someone missed this post... bumping to get more attention
35.gif
Hi HS!

My preference is with Coda, I would pick the H out of the 2, it speaks to me more in the pics than the F.

Hiya Coda!
35.gif

Jenna51580gr

Shiny_Rock
I love Radiants as well and have been having a truly hard time finding one. I think the H Color one sounds like a better cut diamond, than the F color Radiant. If I had to choose between the two of these I would go with the H Color because it would personally bother me to see inclusions and I wouldn''t care that it isn''t the highest color grade. But if you can''t see the inclusions in the F than I would choose that one since I have heard as well from other people that Radiants do show color more than other cuts.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results