shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant---Good Deal???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wildorchid1

Rough_Rock

Hi,

I''m currently looking for an engagement ring and found a place that would offer me a 18K white gold 0.71 radiant diamond with two 0.15 trillions as side stone for $4400+tax = $5060 Canadian. Could someone tell me wether the stone itself is of good deal.

0.71 Radiant diamond = VVS2, D color, cut is very good
two 0.15 side trillions = VVS2, F color, cut is very good
I keep hearing that if you were to buy a radiant diamond that the depth and table % has alot to do with the sparkle and shine of the diamond. What i want to know is if the depth and table % is not good even though the cut, color & clarity is excellent, would the diamond still sparkle or not. (I don''t want the diamond to sparkle in yellow light but in sunlight it looks dull). Thanx in advance.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
In order to know if this is a good deal or not, there''s some more information I have to know. Is there a GIA report with the stone? Or is it an EGL report or something else or no report? Also, where did you get that the stone is a very good cut? Is this something the store told you? Because I don''t think any reports say anything about the cut of a radiant. Every place has their own idea of what a well-cut stone is, and they may or may not be well-cut. The only way to be almost sure that you''re getting a well-cut stone is to buy an Original Radiant Cut or use the numbers on the gemappraisers.com website and buy one according to those numbers.

A diamond can be outside the table and depth parameters on the gemappraisers.com website and still be a beautiful stone. These numbers are just a general guideline. The only thing about a diamond that is very deep that it will look smaller than it should for its carat weight. So, I would try to stay away from radiants with depth percentages of 70% or more just because they look smaller, not because they may not be beautiful.

I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results