shape
carat
color
clarity

radiant facet pattern-can anyone explain?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

happyscrapper40

Shiny_Rock
I am looking to purchase this stone and wanted some input on why the facet pattern is different from most of the radiant facet patterns I have seen.

Is this cut not as desireable? Should I have any concerns? Is this normal, and have I picked a great stone?

Thanks for your help!
35.gif

PMTJ60666_16221891.jpg

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/2/2007 4:56:59 PM
Author: happyscrapper40
Anyone?
1.gif
There are quite numerous generic faceting arrangements to a "cut-cornered rect. mod. brilliant"...
The original Radiant -cut has four mains on the pavilion corners vs. eight mains on the GIA plot.
And, it does not posses the upper girdle facets which are on the GIA plot.

That does not mean the Diamond at subject is cut as the GIA plot suggests!!! I have seen to many discrepancies when it comes to plot reality of the actual Diamond graded.
29.gif

happyscrapper40

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Diamgem! Good to know. WF still has the diamond. I will ask to see if it matches the plot on the GIA cert.

Anyone else???
35.gif
Please fill free to chime in.

happyscrapper40

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/4/2007 10:31:26 AM

Date: 11/4/2007 1:52:51 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
nothing to add unless you give us some more info
I hope this works. Attached is all of the info on the 1.80 H VS1 and 1.80 F SI1 stones.

1.80 H VS1 and 1.80 F SI1 radiants
I''m not sure how to link my post, (any help to link this would be great) but you can look at my post on page 2 "Radiant Help needed". It has all of the information in that post.

Thanks!

happyscrapper40

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/4/2007 10:43:39 AM

Date: 11/4/2007 10:31:26 AM

Date: 11/4/2007 1:52:51 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
nothing to add unless you give us some more info
I hope this works. Attached is all of the info on the 1.80 H VS1 and 1.80 F SI1 stones.

1.80 H VS1 and 1.80 F SI1 radiants
I''m not sure how to link my post, (any help to link this would be great) but you can look at my post on page 2 ''Radiant Help needed''. It has all of the information in that post.

Thanks!
Bumping to get Garry(cut nut) attention. Others are welcome to chime in too! If the link does not work, My post "Radiant Help Needed" has all the info on the stones I am in question about. Thanks!

happyscrapper40

Shiny_Rock
Just in case someone missed this post, I have bumped to get some more attention.

Anyone???
33.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I answered your other thread earlier about your choices, if you look at that one you will see out of the 2 my vote goes to the H!! It is easier to try to keep to one thread really if you can, otherwise it can get a bit confusing, I hope you don''t mind me mentioning that! As to the faceting pattern on the report, it might be best to check with your rep at WF
1.gif
35.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2007 12:25:07 PM
Author:happyscrapper40
I am looking to purchase this stone and wanted some input on why the facet pattern is different from most of the radiant facet patterns I have seen.

Is this cut not as desireable? Should I have any concerns? Is this normal, and have I picked a great stone?
Thanks for your help!
35.gif

Hi Happyscrapper. To clarify about the faceting on this stone; you might notice the report says cut cornered rectangular modified brilliant.This is because “Radiant” is a patented cut (DG provided a link) much like “Asscher” is a patented cut. It's common for people to nickname stones that follow those basic configurations “Asscher” and “Radiant” even though the formal terms on the GIA report are technically correct and the faceting patterns can vary quite a bit.

In the diamond world rounds brilliants are expected to follow one template but they are an exception, not the rule:With fancy shapes like radiants (CCRMB), emeralds, cushions, pears, ovals, marquises, etc. the final shape is determined by the cutter who has his/her choice of how to bring the maximum beauty out of a specific piece of rough.This also applies to the princess shape - technically a "square modified brilliant."There are different faceting configurations for crown and pavilion, which is something many princess owners out in the real world likely don’t realize (and may not care about). What's key is how the stone looks to the eye in real life.

happyscrapper40

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/6/2007 12:11:48 PM
Author: Lorelei
I answered your other thread earlier about your choices, if you look at that one you will see out of the 2 my vote goes to the H!! It is easier to try to keep to one thread really if you can, otherwise it can get a bit confusing, I hope you don''t mind me mentioning that! As to the faceting pattern on the report, it might be best to check with your rep at WF
1.gif
35.gif
Hi Lorelei,
Thanks for your vote, and no, I do not mind you telling me about the threads. I just don''t know how to link the two. Any help would be appreciated. If someone can do it, that would be great.
I''ll keep you posted as I continue my journey.

happyscrapper40

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/6/2007 12:48:34 PM
Author: JohnQuixote

Date: 11/2/2007 12:25:07 PM
Author:happyscrapper40

Thanks for your help!
35.gif

Hi Happyscrapper. To clarify about the faceting on this stone; you might notice the report says cut cornered rectangular modified brilliant.This is because “Radiant” is a patented cut (DG provided a link) much like “Asscher” is a patented cut. It''s common for people to nickname stones that follow those basic configurations “Asscher” and “Radiant” even though the formal terms on the GIA report are technically correct and the faceting patterns can vary quite a bit.

In the diamond world rounds brilliants are expected to follow one template but they are an exception, not the rule:With fancy shapes like radiants (CCRMB), emeralds, cushions, pears, ovals, marquises, etc. the final shape is determined by the cutter who has his/her choice of how to bring the maximum beauty out of a specific piece of rough.This also applies to the princess shape - technically a ''square modified brilliant.''There are different faceting configurations for crown and pavilion, which is something many princess owners out in the real world likely don’t realize (and may not care about). What''s key is how the stone looks to the eye in real life.
John,
thanks for your input. The sarin, aset, and ideal scope for this stone is all in another thread. (I do not know how to link the two) but wanted to know if the facet pattern was something I needed to be concerned with.
So... the cutter determines what the final cut will be. In the case of my particular stone, the cutter chose that cut to bring out the maximum beauty of the rough. I have not seen this stone in person. The facet pattern was in question, because I had not seen it before. As long as it is great cut radiant with lots of sparkle and fire, I am all for it!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/6/2007 3:27:19 PM

Date: 11/6/2007 3:20:40 PM
Author: Lorelei
No problem HS, here is the other thread for you!!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/radiant-help-needed-help-me-choose-pics-included.71636/
That was super fast!
36.gif

Thanks sooo much!
1.gif
I aim to please!! All you need to do is to highlight and copy the http address at the top of the page of the thread you want to link, go to the thread or post you want to use it, then paste it and post. I checked the links in your above posts and I found they didn't work for you that way, which can be tricky to do, so I use the following method as taught to me by Belle.

Highlight the address minus the http:// and copy. Go to the chain link at the top right of the reply box. Click and the box opens, paste the URL in the top box, then title below. Click submit and that should work.

Feel free to ignore above advice if you don't need it!

simpers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results