shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant Diamond HELP! Fish eye or Bowtie?

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
comparo.jpg

Please can we talk about cut.
Here's a comparison that shows the diamond in the three scenarios.
I do not shine lights into the back of diamonds. EVER.
But I do notice that diamonds to indeed pick up light from the bottom.
Even in the setting.
Even in a bezel, but more so in open type settings.

Part of taking a good photo is getting a lot of light on the subject.
So, while I don't shine any light into the diamond, there's a lot of light all around.

The reason this is relevant is leakage, and it's roll in sparkly type diamonds, AKA crushed ice.
No one seems to want to touch this aspect of the discussion.
LEAKAGE IS GOOD.

ETA- Leakage can be good

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Rockdiamond|1415061409|3777092 said:
comparo.jpg

LEAKAGE IS GOOD.

ETA- Leakage can be good
We have permission to discuss this in a clean and prefessional manner.

To my eye and blowing up the images to giant size to pick up more details the ASET does fairly well correspond to the other images. I could predict them reasonably well by the ASET.

As far as leakage goes it can be good it can be bad it all depends on the specifics.
Does leakage(more properly drawing light from the pavilion) give this diamond contrast?
Yes it does. Would it be brighter with no leakage? Yes, but then it would not be what it is.
Images I like to see is the stone table parallel to a bright blue or red Mylar that is under it then the camera parallel to the table above the diamond.
I think this may give an informative picture of what the leakage really does with this diamond.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this radiant and it looks exactly like my memory of seeing on television ofcourse, Sue Ellen's large first diamond on Dallas. I can remember they were sitting outside at breakfast. Don't know if Dallas used real diamonds but it looked exactly like the bright photo of this radiant cut. Maybe the Dallas sunshine!! :love:

What I like of the cut, I don't see as crushed ice although I know what posters mean, I see it as shards of light like lots of leaves done in diamond. The Asset is nothing like the diamond, I going by other round assets would never think this diamond would look so good as it does. I suppose Radiants need to be colorless or near colorless to look their best, like all fancy shapes otherwise the color would show in the corners?

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Pyramid said:
I love this radiant and it looks exactly like my memory of seeing on television ofcourse, Sue Ellen's large first diamond on Dallas. I can remember they were sitting outside at breakfast. Don't know if Dallas used real diamonds but it looked exactly like the bright photo of this radiant cut. Maybe the Dallas sunshine!! :love:

What I like of the cut, I don't see as crushed ice although I know what posters mean, I see it as shards of light like lots of leaves done in diamond. The Asset is nothing like the diamond, I going by other round assets would never think this diamond would look so good as it does. I suppose Radiants need to be colorless or near colorless to look their best, like all fancy shapes otherwise the color would show in the corners?

Thanks Pyramid
I think a lot of folks that have been continually told this type of stone " does not perform well" here on PriceScope are very surprised when they actually see them- in a good way.
This has happened on many occasions right here in our office.

About color- it is also said frequently here that radiant cuts "hold" color"- so that an H might look a bit yellow.
Here's where it gets tricky. Sometimes that's true IMO
Clearly Mr Grossbard's design is phenomenal with fancy colored diamonds. Because it projects a far more even color than the step cut.
The differences between a super well cut colorless Radiant, and super well cut Fancy colored radiant are so very subtle, yet the difference in results is dramatic.
Without getting to technical, it has to do with the degree of angle between the facets.

In average cut colorless stones, yes an H may show a bit of color.
In the best cut colorless Radiant, H will look as white as a well cut RBC

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Karl_K|1415062999|3777101 said:
Rockdiamond|1415061409|3777092 said:
comparo.jpg

LEAKAGE IS GOOD.

ETA- Leakage can be good
We have permission to discuss this in a clean and prefessional manner.

To my eye and blowing up the images to giant size to pick up more details the ASET does fairly well correspond to the other images. I could predict them reasonably well by the ASET.

As far as leakage goes it can be good it can be bad it all depends on the specifics.
Does leakage(more properly drawing light from the pavilion) give this diamond contrast?
Yes it does. Would it be brighter with no leakage? Yes, but then it would not be what it is.
Images I like to see is the stone table parallel to a bright blue or red Mylar that is under it then the camera parallel to the table above the diamond.
I think this may give an informative picture of what the leakage really does with this diamond.

Thank you Karl- I agree with what you wrote.
I'll see about getting that shot this evening.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Re:

Rockdiamond|1415040115|3776828 said:
Hi Gypsy :wavey:
My question is simple, without any malice whatsoever: have you seen an Original Radiant Cut, and or generic radiant cuts in person?
If so, please give us your impressions.
I will post an ASET momentarily, I'd love your impressions

Generic radiants in person: many of them actually. Both before PS and after. When I found out that the Lucida (my first love for an engagement ring) was a cut cornered brilliant I started looking at princesses, radiants and asschers to decide what I wanted. My first focus was on radiants actually. But they didn't have the same sparkle as the princesses I was seeing. And my fiance prefered the Asscher to the radiant. So we eventually focused on asschers. That's the before. After PS, and even in the last two years since having my ASET I've seen quite a few, both colored (yellow) and white both at Joe Escobar and other stores here locally, and worn by PS GTG folks (mostly colored ones these). And as I have my ASET I've used the ASET in real life on them.

Fancies are strange beasts. And as people come on here asking for fancy stones a lot, and there aren't that many of us that handle the day to day fancy recommendations I've spent quite a bit of free time taking my ASET to stores (not during their busy hours, of course) with me and asking to look at loose stones. I started doing that for color. To see how the different shapes work with different colors. Particularly lower colors of H-J. But since I had my ASET I'd pull that out too. It's fun.

Radiants fair better than ovals both in the 'this is what my eye likes' and the ASET WHEN IT IS IN MOVEMENT (flat they don't fair as well). But that's not saying much. Most ovals are abysmal.

I've also seen generic radiants next to modern and antique cushions. And seen radiant type faceted cushions. And compared them head to head with AGS princesses and 'ideal' rounds. I still prefer fancies.

I've also done this with old cuts. And funny enough, with old cuts-- some of the best performers are NOT the ones that catch my eye.

And a LOT of step cuts.

I feel a very strong responsibility to the people I help on here. So I actually spend a fair amount of time doing this. And since we move every two years (please GOD let it stop). I have seen a large amount of inventory in quite a few different shops around here.

The only place I keep my ASET in my purse is Tiffany Cartier, HW etc. But even then, I've used it on pear bezel pendants at Tiffany (very carefully).

My lightbox actually broke last month. So I would use tweezers and my phone instead.

As for original radiant cuts. I have no skin in the 'branded stone' game. And I have never asked about pedigree... so I have no idea if I have ever seen one or not.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
HI Gypsy,
Thank you for taking the time to respond.
I guess what I meant about your impressions were more specific appearance aspects.
What it was you liked or did not like
We use a lot of techie type terms here
Brilliance, scintillation, fire, sparkle - and a lot more.
In plain words, here's my impression of a well cut radiant.
The design, when properly executed "spreads" the sparkle around the entire diamond- so you don't have the larger areas of on off flashing like a Brilliant Facet design.
But you have a gazillion little sparkles.
The red in ASET has been interpreted as brighter light because it's coming from a higher angle. I understand the science of why it's said that a well cut brilliant cut returns the most light, or that it's more brilliant, etc.
I also know from experience that a fair percentage of people looking will still find the spread out sparkle type of stone to be brighter when viewed in real life.

Truly well cut colorless Radiant Cuts are very rare.
The best cut generic stones can perform as well as a branded diamond- this is not abut trying to push a given brand.
I feel pretty sure if you do get to see one, it will impress you.
Or at the very least, you'll understand what many others find attractive.
And thanks again for responding.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think at this point the original poster is sorry she asked :doh:

Informative discussion!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
RD.

I have seen a number of cuts with organized facets that are radiant-esque The Tycoon Cut for example. I don't remember all their names. But they are branded cuts that are cut cornered brilliants. I have disliked some of them, like the Tycoon, and liked others, like the Lucida. I would love to see an Original Radiant Cut. I agree its not about branding. I do know what you mean about an even distribution of light verses high contrast light play. The nicest radiant I have seen was actually after I spoke to one of the appraisers on here about a radiant cut that was being considered by a buyer. So that weekend I went to see some radiants at a local store. And they did have one very nice one actually. The ASET had almost no white (light box) and almost no red either (when I was moving it a few would flare, but not much)... mostly it was green. It was a fat rectangle so it avoided a bowtie completely and also didn't have a ring around the center. It was a lovely stone. Did it appeal to me on a personal level? No. But I thought it was a fantastic stone.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Radiantman|1414971131|3776532 said:
Gypsy - I did not mean to offend you but it's hard to know how to respond when you say, in essence, that you are protecting men from buying their girlfriends something that will disappoint them when you post things like "most people don't like crushed ice" and in the same post you say your advice is not influenced by your own subjective opinions. It certainly hasn't been my experience that "most people don't like" the way a well cut radiant sparkles and if there's any impirical evidence to support that "most people don't like crushed ice" I'm not familiar with it. I'd be interested to see it if it exists. Not to mention that not everyone wants what "most people like" anyway. If they did, everyone would buy colorless round stones not fancy cuts or fancy colors.

Stan, you work for the Original Radiant Cut. So I think it would be fair to say that most of the consumers that you deal with are looking for radiant cuts and like the crushed ice faceting. SO perhaps your experience is colored by the fact.

I have 8 years of experience on a website that gets very high traffic of new shoppers looking day in and day out for engagement rings.

Am I a pro? No. Do I sell to the public, no. Does that mean my experience is less worthy of respect? No.

I can tell you that in my time here I have seen some version of "I don't like radiants" and "radiants are too busy", and "I want a modern cushion but NOT with crushed ice faceting" more time than I can count. I see one poster that says this at LEAST weekly, but usually more often than that.

I've seen poll after poll done on here about what is your least favorite cut and why... and radiants score VERY high consistently in those polls.

So while I don't have hard metric to whip out for you, because I am not a numbers person, I can tell you that in my experience MOST posters on here looking for cushions DO NOT want the crushed ice faceting.

And I can tell you that we do not recommend radiant cuts for people unless they are specifically asked for.

Why? Because the majority of people DO NOT like that type of faceting, based on our experiences as consumers on this board.

So yes, when a buyer comes on here and says: "This is going to be a complete surprise for her" we tell them to stay away from certain things. What things? Marquise, Pears, Radiants and 'crushed ice" cushions. Why? Because they are risky choices that the majority of people do not like IN OUR EXPERIENCE. Not based on our personal tastes, as you keep accusing. But based on our personal experiences. Two very different things. We have posters on here that like marquise, like me, that do not recommend them to these types of people. We have people that OWN radiant cuts, that don't recommend them for these posters. WHY? Because we err on the side of conservative recommendations. And that is not going to change. Because it isn't "broke". It works.

So unless you have metrics FOR ME about the popularity of that type of faceting OVER other cuts or other faceting arrangements (like other cushion facetings styles) that I find convincing I am not going to change my posts. I am certainly not going to give more weight to YOUR experience over my own.

Now, I expect you to respect my desire to cease discussions with you on this topic. Why? Because I feel at this point we need to agree to disagree with one another respectfully.

You are not going to change my mind, and I am not going to change yours.

And I am not the person here with the financial interest in promoting radiants and that type of faceting.

And that's the way it is going to be. Okay?

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gypsy|1415078729|3777193 said:
Radiantman|1414971131|3776532 said:
Gypsy - I did not mean to offend you but it's hard to know how to respond when you say, in essence, that you are protecting men from buying their girlfriends something that will disappoint them when you post things like "most people don't like crushed ice" and in the same post you say your advice is not influenced by your own subjective opinions. It certainly hasn't been my experience that "most people don't like" the way a well cut radiant sparkles and if there's any impirical evidence to support that "most people don't like crushed ice" I'm not familiar with it. I'd be interested to see it if it exists. Not to mention that not everyone wants what "most people like" anyway. If they did, everyone would buy colorless round stones not fancy cuts or fancy colors.

Stan, you work for the Original Radiant Cut. So I think it would be fair to say that most of the consumers that you deal with are looking for radiant cuts and like the crushed ice faceting. SO perhaps your experience is colored by the fact.

I have 8 years of experience on a website that gets very high traffic of new shoppers looking day in and day out for engagement rings.

Am I a pro? No. Do I sell to the public, no. Does that mean my experience is less worthy of respect? No.

I can tell you that in my time here I have seen some version of "I don't like radiants" and "radiants are too busy", and "I want a modern cushion but NOT with crushed ice faceting" more time than I can count. I see one poster that says this at LEAST weekly, but usually more often than that.

I've seen poll after poll done on here about what is your least favorite cut and why... and radiants score VERY high consistently in those polls.

So while I don't have hard metric to whip out for you, because I am not a numbers person, I can tell you that in my experience MOST posters on here looking for cushions DO NOT want the crushed ice faceting.

And I can tell you that we do not recommend radiant cuts for people unless they are specifically asked for.

Why? Because the majority of people DO NOT like that type of faceting, based on our experiences as consumers on this board.

So yes, when a buyer comes on here and says: "This is going to be a complete surprise for her" we tell them to stay away from certain things. What things? Marquise, Pears, Radiants and 'crushed ice" cushions. Why? Because they are risky choices that the majority of people do not like IN OUR EXPERIENCE. Not based on our personal tastes, as you keep accusing. But based on our personal experiences. Two very different things. We have posters on here that like marquise, like me, that do not recommend them to these types of people. We have people that OWN radiant cuts, that don't recommend them for these posters. WHY? Because we err on the side of conservative recommendations. And that is not going to change. Because it isn't "broke". It works.

So unless you have metrics FOR ME about the popularity of that type of faceting OVER other cuts or other faceting arrangements (like other cushion facetings styles) that I find convincing I am not going to change my posts. I am certainly not going to give more weight to YOUR experience over my own.

Now, I expect you to respect my desire to cease discussions with you on this topic. Why? Because I feel at this point we need to agree to disagree with one another respectfully.

You are not going to change my mind, and I am not going to change yours.

And I am not the person here with the financial interest in promoting radiants and that type of faceting.

And that's the way it is going to be. Okay?
David,
You were insistent on drawing Gypsy out. I think she did a great job of putting the environment into perspective. And she did so in a detailed way intended to give you more insight into the nature of some of the commentary you find here. In a real sense the pricescope environment is different from the overall consumer environment. The consumers themselves tend to be the most curious and most astute. Those helping them are enthusiasts who naturally have their own opinions, but are motivated to contribute their time and efforts here for other reasons. Not to make money, and not to impose their tastes, but to HELP.

I think you took a step forward in this thread in providing some information which helps the community to understand the radiant better and why many people find them very attractive. I would advise you to keep your focus on doing that. It will lead to better understanding and appreciation of the cut and more constructive dialogue. Over time that approach is much more likely to advance your cause than calling people out and suggesting their lack of experience is leading to them to give misguided advice.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That's a very interesting take Bryan.
What exactly do you think my "cause" is?
Based on your logic, gypsy understands pricecope and the readers, and their relationship to diamonds, better than anyone else - is that correctly stating your position?
Besides that, the post you quoted was aimed at Stan, not me. Are you also okay having a member tell someone like Stan that he shouldn't discuss this?

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
I hope this thread can move things in a positive direction for radiants. I don't know if it is just my bad luck, but it seems like often I see a post about radiants, get excited since there are not that many.... and it devolves into aset discussions and how crappy radiants are. Maybe that is not the intention but I have been lurking and occasionally posting on here for years and it is a bit of a bummer for the radiant lover. For the record I have an ORC.

It is sad to read that small facets and virtual facets aren't as desirable as large bold ones. That crushed ice is not desirable when that happens to be what you like. No one likes to hear what they like is unattractive. To me it is. Maybe perfect cut rounds are more "brilliant" but their overall look is not my preference.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Petrock,
Don't take it personally; it just happens that your taste is different from most people so it is unfair to compare what you like against what others like. Lots of people love RBs but I find them boring. I like large facets but you love the small facets. There's a stone out there for everyone and all different tastes. Nothing wrong with being the minority.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Chrono – Thank you for posting. if I could make this comment, your unbiased approach to helping consumers and readers s of the site should be an example to others. I know that you are also in the trenches daily.
Pedro k- it truly is a shamethat certain dedicated posters seem to have a real objection to any open discussion of this subject. I promise you I don't want to get too technical, I'm trying to help people understand what's good in this cut.
Chrono – the only exception I have to your post, is the statement that "most people don't like this" – not only do we not know if that's true or not, but what differences that make?
"Most" people don't like everything! Certainly we deal with boutique shoppers here looking for special things.

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for making two posts. I'm on my phone and it is a PITA to reply on it.

I look forward to hopefully seeing more examples like Davids and learning about how to best interpret and use the aset tool when it comes to radiants. They have their own beauty and their own flavor that perhaps is hard to capture and fully appreciate in the online diamond world. Of course they are not going to be everyone's style.

Also if anyone comes on here and does some research before posting they may be influenced away from radiants. They don't get much love. It could be skewing the poll results gypsy spoke of. I'm not saying they would be everyone's favorite but some diamond shoppers may get turned off of them without giving them a fair shake.

I'm glad to see Stan on here and seeing his perspective on the subject.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Pyramid|1415063962|3777113 said:

We definitely need to ask Stan if his dad had a deal with the Ewing family… LOL

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
petrock<3|1415116565|3777356 said:
Sorry for making two posts. I'm on my phone and it is a PITA to reply on it.

I look forward to hopefully seeing more examples like Davids and learning about how to best interpret and use the aset tool when it comes to radiants. They have their own beauty and their own flavor that perhaps is hard to capture and fully appreciate in the online diamond world. Of course they are not going to be everyone's style.

Also if anyone comes on here and does some research before posting they may be influenced away from radiants. They don't get much love. It could be skewing the poll results gypsy spoke of. I'm not saying they would be everyone's favorite but some diamond shoppers may get turned off of them without giving them a fair shake.

I'm glad to see Stan on here and seeing his perspective on the subject.

Sorry – we were posting at the same time!
Where is that "bingo" icon when you need it?
Petcock-you summed it up perfectly. First thing you do is tell everybody no one likes radiant cuts and then advise them to buy other things. That's what goes on here all the time.
And as far as questioning people's motives – For the life of me cannot understand why some people in this thread can only attack instead of discussing like civil people.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am well known for my love of the incredibly well cut round diamonds that I sell.

I love their cohesive larger flashes of both white and colored light.

However, I also love the crushed ice flashes in a nicely cut radiant cut. Stan can correct me, but I believe my memory is not too far off in remembering the radiant cut was developed to give some pizzazz to the rather staid emerald cut shaped diamonds. I fell in love with the shape and the "crushed ice" sparkle that so many do not like, LONG before I began my journey to being enraptured with the precision cut rounds.

While I now understand why the radiant cut has very little dispersion, I still enjoy the look, especially since I also know that the rough for the radiant will only cut a much smaller round.

I also fully understand that many do not appreciate the very quality that I find appealing in the radiant. Since I do not currently sell them any more, and have NO INTENTION of ever doing so, I have no dog in this fight. I do have an interest in knowing more about the ASET and the crushed ice look, so I truly hope the educational posts continue.

Looking forward to them.

Wink

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wink|1415118059|3777371 said:
I am well known for my love of the incredibly well cut round diamonds that I sell.

However, I also love the crushed ice flashes in a nicely cut radiant cut. Stan can correct me, but I believe my memory is not too far off in remembering the radiant cut was developed to give some pizzazz to the rather staid emerald cut shaped diamonds. I fell in love with the shape and the "crushed ice" sparkle that so many do not like, LONG before I began my journey to being enraptured with the precision cut rounds.

While I now understand why the radiant cut has very little dispersion, I still enjoy the look, especially since I also know that the rough for the radiant will only cut a much smaller round.

I also fully understand that many do not appreciate the very quality that I find appealing in the radiant. Since I do not currently sell them any more, and have NO INTENTION of ever doing so, I have no dog in this fight. I do have an interest in knowing more about the ASET and the crushed ice look, so I truly hope the educational posts continue.

Looking forward to them.

Wink

You're such awelcome addition to any discussion about diamonds wink! I do need to ask you to reconsider one point – you seem to think that most people do not like what we are calling "crushed ice"
That has not been my experience at all! And I have dealt with many many thousands of people.

Part of the problem here is the continual repeating of myths that have no basis in reality such as "people don't like crushed ice"

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
lets get back to discussing diamonds rather than people or we are going to see the wrath of Ella.
David,
more data and more samples please.
A sample of one while interesting is not enough to draw any conclusions.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Karl_K|1415118841|3777376 said:
lets get back to discussing diamonds rather than people or we are going to see the wrath of Ella.
David,
more data and more samples please.
A sample of one while interesting is not enough to draw any conclusions.

+1

It would be great to see ASETs of various radiants including some with performance problems. If you compiled these along with photos captured in a consistent way, this would start to give us a sense of which ASETs correlate to well cut radiants as opposed to those of lower cut quality.

David, would you say that the stone you posted is an example of an optimally cut radiant? That is, can we use this ASET signature as an example of a radiant of highest cut quality?

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We are all agreed that it is cool to talk about radiant cuts – excellent!
Karl, my apologies that I could not get the shot I promised last night. I don't have a piece of red or bright blue material to use.
Brian – yes, I would suggest that the stone we have looked at here is an example of what can we can call an excellent cut in a radiant cut diamond.

We are all in agreement that additional samples are needed. We are also all in agreement that we need to find a couple of dogs so that we can show people what to avoid in our opinion. I have a meeting with Stan later this afternoon to start to pick out some demonstration stones together.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like radiants, I like emerald cuts, rounds, pears, marquis not so much, I like colored diamonds too. I wish I had one of each :) though, the crushed ice look appeals to certain people, some people don't like OEC cushions and rounds.. I very much like them, I think that is why it's hard sometimes for new buyers to buy online, they are not educated enough in what their SO wants which could lead to problems at proposal time. I guess diamonds are like shoes, some like stiletto's, chunky heel, loafers, sandals etc, of course I like them all ;-)

:dance: :dance:

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1415115486|3777350 said:
Petrock,
Don't take it personally; it just happens that your taste is different from most people so it is unfair to compare what you like against what others like. Lots of people love RBs but I find them boring. I like large facets but you love the small facets. There's a stone out there for everyone and all different tastes. Nothing wrong with being the minority.

Thank you Chrono. Part of it is my fault and that of other radiant fans that we are not more vocal on this site. There must be more out there.

Yay team radiant! ****crickets*****

The diamond noob poster on here doesn't get a well rounded view of their attributes balanced with their drawbacks.

I don't have much room to criticize on here since I don't contribute much. I pop on here usually at night to unwind and check out a few reveals. It is usually on my phone and a pain to reply on. I mention that just to say how much I appreciate those who do contribute, there would be no pricescope without you!

I do look forward to seeing what happens with the aset to real life examples. Thank you David and Stan for working on that.

Also I am no photography expert and cannot speak to the prior photos David posted but I have seen a few of his diamonds and rings in person vs. The photos on his website and they were spot on.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am looking forward to seeing more pictures of radiants with their corresponding ASETs. I've seen the pinpoint twinkly (perhaps the word starry twinkly sounds less insulting than crushed ice?) radiant and do find them very attractive even it isn't to my taste. It is unfortunate that very few of this type are well cut (good balance of light return, pattern, etc).

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Great point about terminology Chrono!!

I have a problem with two terms mainly
"Performance" and "leakage"
IN the first case, the term has been used to broadly insult diamonds and allows the person making the insult a "free pass"
"Oh, that's a bad performer"
No need, at that point, to identify what we like and don't like about a given cut or diamond specifically.
A person with 1,000,000 posts says the diamond "performs" badly, so it's a dog.

Second is "leakage"
"Crushed Ice" does not sound "bad" to me. I'm a skier, a love all sorts of water, both frozen an liquid.

Now leakage sounds like something I NEED to avoid. I'm also a homeowner:)

LetItShine

Shiny_Rock
Sorry Misty! I am no diamond expert and certainly won't claim to be one in this thread:) However, it appears that your diamond is not well cut. It looks to me that what you are seeing is the metal through the top of the diamond. You have already stated that you preferred the look of your first diamond. I'm not sure if returning is an option but if so I would suggest you do just that and find one that you truly love. As you can see there are many people here passionate about diamonds and I am sure they will help you find a great stone. I would suggest starting a new thread looking for help since your original post seems to be "lost"

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Rockdiamond|1415118535|3777375 said:
Wink|1415118059|3777371 said:

Looking forward to them.

Wink

You're such awelcome addition to any discussion about diamonds wink! I do need to ask you to reconsider one point – you seem to think that most people do not like what we are calling "crushed ice"

That has not been my experience at all! And I have dealt with many many thousands of people.

Part of the problem here is the continual repeating of myths that have no basis in reality such as "people don't like crushed ice"

Dear friend, please read my post again. I do not "think that most people do not like" I know that many people do not. That leaves many who do like. Please educate those of us who do, and in the process, maybe a few of those who do not, will take a look with different lenses in their glasses.

I am going to go vote now.

Wink

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Point well taken old friend.
If I might ask- why do you emphatically state you have NO INTENTION of ever carrying Radiant Cut diamonds?
We agree, many people don't love any type of diamond cut. Which can also be taken to mean many people do.
I'm honestly curious because I'd say a similar percentage off all shoppers would be moved to buy a super ideal as to buy a well cut radaint. Both are "boutique" cuts.
Please accept my apology in advance if the question is out of line.

PS- you're late! I was done casting my ballot by 8:30 this morning:)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results