shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant Cut with 77.1 Depth Percentage!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

christina_ken

Rough_Rock
I have been reading up on radiants and what not and am trying, trying, trying to learn, and then I came accross this diamond. I think the total depth percentage is way to high!! What do you guys think? What are the ideal measurements for a radiant? I went to radiantcut.com and they had good information there, but I guess I just want to hear it straight from the horses mouths and what all you ps''ers have to say!! Here are the specs:

1.50 Radiant Cut
Mesaurements: 6.68-5.79 x 4.46 mm
Total Depth: 77.1%
Table width: 69%
Crown Height: 13%
Pavillion Depth: 59%
Girdle: Slightly thick, Polisshed

Finish:
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good
Culet: None

Clarity: SI1
Flourescence: Very slight Blue

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know much about radiants, but that does sound like an awfully high depth. Have you seen it in person? That may answer your question for you. A lot of times you have to see fancy cuts in person to truly appreciate them!

christina_ken

Rough_Rock
Nope, haven''t seen it!! I have been on a search kind of like you have. First I like this, then I like that, then I like this setting, then I like that setting, halo, no halo. Ahhhhh, it is driving me crazy. I am about to settle for a ring pop! Anyway. I now just want a solitaire setting, like I did in the beginning and I love radiant cuts and princess cuts. Now I am crazy with percentages, pavilions, crowns, and depths, flourescence is good, not good...LOL I want a good quality stone, good size, but not pricey. Someone help! I have talked to different vendors and I tell them the budget range but then they come back with stones $1k to $2k more. I just want a combination of quality, size and price as everyone does.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
First off, I am not an expert. I have a radiant cut, and I did extensive research to find the one I wanted. Radiantcut.com does have good information, but I think that info is more applicable if you''re buying an Original Radiant Cut. I have seen some Original Radiant Cuts in person, and they also seem to be very nice stones. They are only sold in some jewelry stores; you can do a search to see if there is a jewelry store that sells them in your area. There also is a small markup on them since they are a brand name.

I decided I didn''t want a branded radiant, so I went by the AGA cut grade for radiant cuts. Being the perfectionist that I am, I decided I wanted a 1A diamond, so I searched pricescope''s database for diamonds that fit that criteria. (For AGA cut grades, go to www.gemappraisers.com). Keep in mind if you do a search like this, most diamonds with a GIA report don''t have the crown height, and you need that info to see into what cut grade it fits. I took a chance and just ordered a stone without knowing the crown height. It turned out to be a beautiful stone.

One other thing you have to know is whether you prefer square radiants or rectangular radiants. Many people like square ones, but they seem to be in shorter supply. The one you listed is going to be appear more rectangular than square. I think both rectangular and square radiants are very nice.

Here is one that is very reasonably priced. According to the information listed, it''s an AGA 1A (without having the crown height info). You would have to check with the vendor to see if it''s eyeclean.
http://www.uniondiamond.com/diamonds/diamonds.php?item_id=41714&search_type_id=2&action_type_id=2&network_id=0cf05810a0f83094f6e9972ef21cdd34#

Well, I don''t want to overwhelm you with too much information, but I hope this helped.

christina_ken

Rough_Rock
coda!!!!!! thanks for the information and the help. I like you like both the square and rectangular radiants. Do you know of any good 1.25 carat radiants out there?

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Just from a search here on pricescope, 1.25 carats seems like a pretty tough to find size right now. I would think your best bet is to contact one of the vendors here on pricescope to locate a stone for you. You may have to wait a while, but they will locate one for you. I don''t have much experience with most of the vendors, but everyone seems to like whiteflash and goodoldgold. I personally have had a good experience with JamesAllen. They were very quick in responding to my requests. Most all of the vendors on this site are very helpful; you just have to find the one you want to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results