shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant cut stone help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eyeball

Rough_Rock
I need help on a stone purchase. I am still looking for the right replacement stone for my wife''s stolen ring.

I have found a radiant cut stone which looks very nice.

4.37 carat
F Color
SI 1
10.99*8.03*5.57
Strong Blue Flour
Very Good Polish
Good Symmetry
64% table
69.4% depth
Thick to Very Thick

GIA cert.

I have seen the stone and it looks very nice but one of the inclusions is close to the surface and can bee seen but has to be looked at closely to find. The stone looks very white and not cloudy despite the flourescence.

They want 46,000 for the stone which seems like a good price but I''m a little worried as it seems a little low for the size stone. Please let me know if this would be a good purchase. My wife has seen it and likes it alot.

Thanks,

David

progidy

Rough_Rock
price is most likely low because of the fluorescence, it really drags down the price in D-F colors, if you like how it looks go for it... or you could try to fanegal the price down even more due to the "undesireable" fluorescence

eyeball

Rough_Rock
He is real firm on the price and I don''t think he will go lower. I have tried but 46000 is his best offer. I have searched online and can''t seem to find a stone this size and rating at a similar price. I have always found the online stores cheaper so it makes me wonder why this stone is lower than online stores.

David

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
My guess is that the reason why this stone is cheaper is because it''s not that well cut. The thick to very thick girdle will hide some weight and the depth is also a bit on the high side. So, this stone will likely not look as large as a well-cut radiant of this size. The fluorescence will also add some discount.

eyeball

Rough_Rock
Well my wife really likes the stone alot and we can''t seem to find a similar sized stone at this price on line. I guess the strong blue drops the price alot but in the sun and shade it really looks very white. No cloudiness detected. There is one inclusion that is hard to see unless you know where it is. I don''t think other people well see it unless they look real hard. Now we have to find the right setting.

David

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results