shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant Cut Price

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Libs

Rough_Rock
Are these great/good/fair/poor prices for an Original radiant Cut?
I know more info like depth/tab polish/crown etc would be helpful but this is all I have right now.
Please let me know what you think. GIA Cert.

1) Carats:1.52, Color:H, Clarity:VS2, Cost:$9495 LxW ratio=?

2) Carats:1.51, Color:G, Clarity:SI1, Cost:$10145 LxW ratio=?

3) Carats:1.55, Color:G, Clarity:VVS2, Cost:$12650 LxW ratio=1.07

4) Carats:1.57, Color:F, Clarity:VS2, Cost:$9495 LxW ratio=1.07

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Libs--have you tried checking the Search By Cut for radiants? It would be a place to start. I have a radiant and from what I remember your prices seem in line. You also might want to check Diamonds by Lauren. They carry a lot of Original Cut Radiants.

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All-
Island, thanks for thinking of us!

I wll be happy to comment on the prices-they are within reason- but I will also strongly advise that the stones you''ve listed could easily have GIA grades as stated, yet still be worth 25-40% below a desirable Radiant

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
WHOA Nellie!!!!!
I just saw that you are looking at Original Radiant Cuts- those are excellent prices.
You can''t go wrong.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could it be that the SI1 is the largest (by size, not weight) in the bunch? Just wondering... because of the price.

Sure I''d love to see the little lineup, but mostly for the sheer pleasure of seeing a few seriously charming radiants ready to march
9.gif

I can''t help at all with only those numbers and the idea that the Original label must be a great thing. These stones are not all alike like buns in a bag or eight star rounds... You may find reason to choose among them, if given a chance to see what they are like, even if all are ''technically'' great. I can only wish there was a way to present these so that they can be appreciated online somehow.
2.gif

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Great point Ana- that is one of the things that appealed to me about Fancy shapes in general- they''re all different.
You can have two awesome cuts- totally different, yet both could be considered extremely well cut.

When comparing one Original Radiant to the next, you will certainly see a wide range of personalities.
I always love opening the parcel paper the first time!

Libs

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone,

The decision was made last night! My brother choose option 1 (Carats:1.52, Color:H, Clarity:VS2) for his fiancee. I saw the stone with my own eyes and it was the most beautiful cut I have ever seen. The colors are amazing. You have to see one if you have ever have a chance! Every angle of the diamond was beautiful. There are a limited number of jewelers who are selected to carry this stone.

I have included a pict of the setting that the diamond will be set into(obviously the stone would be the radiant cut instead of round) Here is the site for the Original Radiant Cut Diamond http://www.radiantcut.com/

The setting is from Natalie K
www.NatalieK.com

nk152hvs29495.jpg

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/18/2005 11:40:49 AM
Author: Libs
Hello Everyone,

The decision was made last night! My brother choose option 1 (Carats:1.52, Color:H, Clarity:VS2) for his fiancee. I saw the stone with my own eyes and it was the most beautiful cut I have ever seen. The colors are amazing. You have to see one if you have ever have a chance! Every angle of the diamond was beautiful. There are a limited number of jewelers who are selected to carry this stone.

I have seen the Original Radiant Cuts and while they are beautiful, I don't think they were more beautiful than my own generic radiant. I'm not really disagreeing with your opinion, but I just want other people that might be reading this thread to know that they can get a well-cut generic radiant. Now, granted, well-cut generic ones are harder to find, whereas almost all of the Original Radiant cuts are nice, but with a little persistence, a good generic radiant can be found. It's not necessary to go to only jewelers that carry Original Radiant Cuts to find a good radiant.

In fact I went to the one jeweler in my area to check out the Original Radiant Cut, and I would never buy anything from this jeweler. He was extremely condescending and just not a good person to deal with. There's no way I would have given this person my hard-earned money. I'm not saying all jewelers who carry these stone are difficult, but this one was.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your brother''s purchase. I''m glad he found what he wanted.

Coda does make a good point about radiants. Not all beautiful radiants are ORIGINAL CUT radiants. It is entirely possible to find a great radiant that is a generic--even one that doesn''t meet the guidelines of the branded stone may be very beautiful--furthermore 2 stones with the same measurements on the GIA cert could look completely different. However, going the branded route does make it easier to weed out poor performing stones. It is extremely hard to find radiants with the depths of the Original Cuts. It all comes down to how hard to you want to search. If you have a lot of time, then you can look at both the generics & the branded stones. If you are down to the wire, I''d start with the branded stone.

Libs

Rough_Rock
The jeweler was very professional. He was extremely helpful and spent many days talking one on one with my brother to find the stone he wanted. He was treated like a son as opposed to other jewelers that he met with. It is hard to come by a jeweler that you can respect and who treats you like a person instead of a next sale.

I agree that you would not have to go to a specific jeweler to get a nice radiant, but it was nice to see such a nice selection at one location. I am not saying that the original cut is the only diamond a person should consider but merely that it was a nice diamond. I had never seen a loose radiant of any kind, so to to me this was beautiful. I have always love seeing loose diamonds, of any cut. I find them hypnotizing.

Time was of the essence in this situation. He did his homework and I think he made a great decision regardless of brand.

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results