shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant Cut...Do the numbers Look OK?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AggieBling

Rough_Rock
Cut: Radiant
Carat: 1.27
Color: F
Clarity: VS2
Cert: GIA
Depth: 65.5
Table: 61
L x W x D: 6.61*6.40*4.19
Girdle: vt - med.
Culet: none
Polish: good
Symmetry: good
Flour: none

I''m only worried that it may be too deep and not have enough table. Am I paranoid or what? Also the Cert report shows a different shape then I''m use to. It seems to be an extra facet on the corners. Will this make it sparkle less or make the mounting weaker? Here is the image off the certificate attached.

radiantcutimg.jpg

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I purchased a radiant with numbers similar to this. My depth is 64.9 and my table is 63. Low to mid sixties is good for both depth and table on radiants. Many people on here say you can''t go by numbers alone when you buy fancy shapes. I think they are a good guide though and if the numbers look good, it''s worth it to order it as long as the vendor has a return policy.

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Just because you''re paranoind , that does not mean someone is NOT watching you....heheheh

In this case, as in all cases of Radiant Cut Diamonds, you must see the stone- or at least some good photos.
GIA uses standardized plot diagrams- that means the diagram on the GIA report does not neccesarily show what the stone looks like.
GOing by the numbers: The diamond is NOT too deep- and the 61% table might produce a very nice look.

If you''d like to let me know what they are asking, I''ll let you know if the price is within reason.

AggieBling

Rough_Rock
The price is $7170. I found it on here. So David you''re telling me you might be a little worried about the table? Yikes. I should have images, sarin, and idealscope by tomorrow around this time. I''m using Whiteflash and they''ve been very helpful. This is actually my second choice for a stone as the first one was purchased the day before I requested it.

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Nah- don''t worry- Be Happy!

Seriously, the price is good.
As far as how it looks- you''re getting a money back ( Don''t worry, be happy) and Whiteflash has a great reputation. You really won''t be able to make the final determiniation till you see it. The photos will help you to determine if you love the profile/ corners of the stone.

AggieBling

Rough_Rock
I received the images today from WF and wanted to know what the opinions are on them, particularly the Idealscope image.

IS_GIA12781651.jpg

AggieBling

Rough_Rock
The sarin numbers. So what do you guys think? Great, Good, or not?

SARIN_GIA12781651.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
STUNNING. JUST STUNNING. If you don''t buy it, I"m sure someone else will!
3.gif

AggieBling

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the opinion...I''ve stared at several ideal scope images just not many for a radiant and that happens to be what she likes. So I feel a little inexperienced. I plan to go see the stone in person to make sure I love it because if I don''t then she probably won''t either. I was only really worried about the dark spots....are they to much/large??

Any others reading please weigh in...especially you "RADIANT EXPERTS!" I know you guys exist....I''ve read your posts!
1.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
you were worried about the dark spots? The black on the ideascope image? You know those are good things, right? :) White is leakage. The stone looks like it has a very nice image...and just trust your eyes when you see it. I think it''s one of the nicer radiants I''ve seen. Reminds me of a flanders, actually. And I love the flanders. Really a beautiful stone. I think you''ll be hard pressed to find nicer!

AggieBling

Rough_Rock
What a rookie I am! I thought the darkspots were real bad! I''m glad you reminded me...after you told me that I went and read up on the idealscope and realized what a retard I am! I feel much better about it now, thanks!

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
In the photo it looks like a beauty to me!

Since I haven''t been attacked in a few days........

Idealscope images are a complete waste of time when judging Radiant Cut Diamonds. I''ve never seen anyone in the trade use one. It obscures exactly what you should be trying to see in a diamond

OK- let the attacks begin

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh david, i''m sure nobody will attack you for that comment!

targetedyellow.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
belle,
You crack me up!!!
3.gif

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE IT~!!!!!!!!!!!
mph, mhp mhp ( imagine the sound of chuckles)

Please allow me to illiterate the root of my dissaproval.
When the "IdealScope" was first brought to my attention, I called up a buddy, who happened to have one.
I was instructed on it''s use, here on PS, by none other than Garry.
Well, I happened to have a "drop dead" bucket of crushed ice 5ct radiant here.
It looked terrible with the Idealscope.
The diamond, was a 5.04 J/VS1 which I can only dream about today. I miss it.....

504c.JPG

Looking at that photo, you may notice a few small "windows" such as a diamond shaped rectangle dead center.
When you wear a stone, it will not be totally stationary like in a photo. Slight movements cause the angles to change in relation to your eyes.
A very nice "sparkling" effect- and one that a tool like the Idealscope can not measure.
This is quite different than the Whiteflash stone - also dazzling- with totally different attributes. This 1.27 is cut like a Hearts and Arrows stone- which is extremely desirable to a lot of folks.
I believe the ideal scope also obstructs true judgment of the WF stone. It looks like a really great stone in the photo- yet the idealscope photo makes it look ....I don''t know what you''d want to see- but I do think the 1.27 looks far better in the photo than in the "Idealscope" image.

I''d say if you''re a H&A fan, this will also be a gorgeous stone in person- regardless of the Idealscope.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
That stone is stunning, and i say you buy it before someone else does... and if I had any money left, that would be ME!

Finding a good radiant is hard, and you just did! Congrats!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks like an amazing radiant, I hope you buy it!!!
36.gif

AggieBling

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all your thoughts, it is really appreciated. For someone like me that doesn''t look at these rocks everyday the whole experience can be a bit intimidating. After looking locally at my B&M''s and realizing how overpriced they are and some of the blatantly obvious carbon deposits in the stones I found this site. I have learned a lot but know there is so much more to know. I''m one of those types that will research for several weeks or months before I make any purchase. This site has certainly provided me an avenue to learn and gain some confidence. This stone is exactly what I was looking for but once I found it and received the pics I got a little nervious in realizing that this was actually happening. Thanks for pointing out the idealscope dark spots are not bad things and thanks for the objectivity of the idealscope. I''m going tomorrow to look at it in person just to make sure since you must view radiants in person to get a good feel.

I have a few questions yet that hopefully you guys can answer....

1. I was thinking of sending it to Neil in Denver for appraisal, gemscoping, etc. Is getting the stone gemscoped a good idea?

2. Do I need to have my own person appraise it if WF says they provide an independent appraisal?

3. When should I try to get it insured? And what companies should I talk to?? I''ve read about Jeweler''s Mutual, State Farm, and Chubb. Any Others???

Thanks for all of your help!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results