shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant Cut Diamond Cut Quality

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hhlist

Rough_Rock

I am in the market for a engagement ring. Having located the following stone,. I am curious if anyone of this board can comment on the following stone. It is the best I have found in the local Atlanta market. Here are the specs:

Carat: 1.24
Color: D
Clarity: SI2 (I have seen the stone and will closely scrutinize again. As I recall, the inclusions include crystals, an extra facet, and indented natural and a feather - None of which appeared to impact the visual appearance of the stone.
Length to Width: 1.35 (7.50 * 5.54 * 3.55)
Depth: 64.1 %
Table: 67%
Polish / Symmetry: Good
Fluorescence: Medium Blue
GIA Certified (Don''t have the certificate number)
Girdle: Extra Thin to Extra Thick
Crown or Pavilion Height: not available per the jeweler

In searching for a radiant I have attempted to find the best cut stone using the Original radiant cut and Pricescpore radiant curt specs as a guide. This is proving to be more difficult that I expected. This stone is very bright - almost glowing white - but I am concerned about the girdle measurements. Is this a well cut stone even with the girdle issues?

Any input from the pros will be most appreciated. Thanks. I have a special girl who I want to have a special ring

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Hi HHlist,
I would not neccesarily be concerned with a girdle described as Ex thin to Ex thick- but it could represent a problem depending on the location of the ex thin part and the imperfections.

Of course you need to use your eyes as a guide- if you''ve seen the diamond and love it, that''s a very good step.

If you''d like to post the pricing info we could let you know if it''s in line.

hhlist

Rough_Rock
I agree about the girdle. I have seen the stone one time, but I did not inspect the girdle to determine where thin-thick varies. I obviously do not want it thin at any of the mounting points. I do plan to check it out very closely once again. The price is $6,017. Thanks for your opinion and advice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results