shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick Question?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I know that I haven''t been around a lot as I am no longer a LIW however, I''m confused about something. How did the current list keeper assume the position? As a former listkeeper myself it used to be either the person at the top of the list or someone very close to the top of the list. It would be wrong for me to assume that the first 74 people on the list turned down the position so I thought I''d ask.

I can only speak for myself but I know that the closer that I got to the top of the list the more activites I tried to involve myself in. I know it might seem silly to some but being the listkeeper kept me busy and gave me something to look forward to in the last few weeks of being a girlfriend. Besides that, most of us former list keepers were only in the position a few weeks.

This is just something I''ve been wondering the past few days. Did anyone vote?

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I always wondered that too. The situation was kinda...different in that it was never put to a vote, which it ALWAYS has been. LIWs nominate someone high on the list who needs dust, whoever is the highest on the list gets the job. That way it keeps the position rotating.

So...shouldn''t we be voting?

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
I remember a thread about it not too long ago...I''ll see if I can find it...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I remember voting even after I wasn''t a LIW or the listkeeper anymore. It seems as though the listkeeper was usually someone who was at least #30 on the list. Usually higher on the list than #20...

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I''ll nominate hisdiamondgirl I think she''s #5.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 11:22:39 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
I''ll nominate hisdiamondgirl I think she''s #5.
Ooh seconded!
36.gif
She just set a date but is waiting for the ring!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She could use the dust BIG time now!!!! Being that she just needs the bling now!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I''m not a LIW anymore, but I agree with hisdiamondgirl for the LIW listkeeper. Hopefully, she will not be the list keeper for too long.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 11:12:15 PM
Author:emeraldlover1
I know that I haven''t been around a lot as I am no longer a LIW however, I''m confused about something. How did the current list keeper assume the position? As a former listkeeper myself it used to be either the person at the top of the list or someone very close to the top of the list. It would be wrong for me to assume that the first 74 people on the list turned down the position so I thought I''d ask.

I can only speak for myself but I know that the closer that I got to the top of the list the more activites I tried to involve myself in. I know it might seem silly to some but being the listkeeper kept me busy and gave me something to look forward to in the last few weeks of being a girlfriend. Besides that, most of us former list keepers were only in the position a few weeks.

Found it!

Started here with ladypirate''s engagement and pass off to elledizzy5
Then *very short* term of elledizzy with pass off here to jcarly...she mentioned she was going to be busy for the next few weeks, but did accept
Then within the main thread looks like jcarly was too busy so stepcutgirl and jessie702 stepped in to help
Then jcarly got engaged while jessie702 was maintaing for her, so I think it has just remained as it is

...couldn''t find if jcarly did a nomination thread or not...

Hope that helps!!
1.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
happened to tip-toe in here tonite and noticed this thread.

wow, memories! i''m an LIW from 2005, when jenwill and goldengirl were the original listkeepers. then it just naturally gravitated towards a nominating/voting system among the LIW for the honor of becoming the new listkeeper.

i''m not sure how fair it is to just assign someone to take over. i know it sounds silly, but some things are just meant to follow tradition. i say that nominations/voting are in order!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
BTW...I don''t think any ill will or intention was meant, looks like it just kinda got a little confused when 2 gals were covering for the current listkeeper.

I don''t really mind either way...whatever the majority feels (which I suppose would be a vote!) is fine by me.
2.gif

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 12:03:34 AM
Author: ChargerGrrl
i know it sounds silly, but some things are just meant to follow tradition. i say that nominations/voting are in order!

Ditto!!!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/30/2009 1:14:08 AM
Author: EricaR

i know it sounds silly, but some things are just meant to follow tradition. i say that nominations/voting are in order!

Ditto!!!
++!!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
While this may have been a unique situation I agree that the tradition needs to be reinstated if for the sole purpose to give ladies more towards the top of the list the opportunity.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Agreed. It''s supposed to be a voted-in position to an active LIW who really needs the dust!

It''s only fair to nominate an LIW who has served her time!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 8:53:30 AM
Author: elledizzy5
Agreed. It''s supposed to be a voted-in position to an active LIW who really needs the dust!

It''s only fair to nominate an LIW who has served her time!
LOL!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been here for a year and it started out with EM1 being listkeeper. I can''t remember who followed but it was always someone pretty close to the top of the list and there was always a nomination thread.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 8:51:33 AM
Author: emeraldlover1
While this may have been a unique situation I agree that the tradition needs to be reinstated if for the sole purpose to give ladies more towards the top of the list the opportunity.
AGREED

eta: EM1, I think you were listkeeper when I joined. I have to check. Memoooorrriiiiiieees...

eta2: nope it was redfaerythinker
9.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 9:37:47 AM
Author: Clairitek
I''ve been here for a year and it started out with EM1 being listkeeper. I can''t remember who followed but it was always someone pretty close to the top of the list and there was always a nomination thread.
It was me!
10.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 11:48:46 PM
Author: Rock_of_Love

Found it!

Then *very short* term of elledizzy with pass off here to jcarly...she mentioned she was going to be busy for the next few weeks, but did accept
Then within the main thread looks like jcarly was too busy so stepcutgirl and jessie702 stepped in to help
Then jcarly got engaged while jessie702 was maintaing for her, so I think it has just remained as it is

Hope that helps!!
1.gif
Jacarly went on vacation, during which time she got engaged. She likely too busy staring at her sparkly afterward to start a nomination thread.
3.gif
But it''s not too late. The list was never stepcutgirl''s to give away.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 10:43:40 AM
Author: sunnyd

Date: 7/29/2009 11:48:46 PM
Author: Rock_of_Love

Found it!

Hope that helps!!
1.gif
Jacarly went on vacation, during which time she got engaged. She likely too busy staring at her sparkly afterward to start a nomination thread.
3.gif
But it''s not too late. The list was never stepcutgirl''s to give away.
That slacker, JCar! *shakes fist*
28.gif

So are we set with hisdiamondgirl? Will she accept the nomination?

anchor31

Ideal_Rock

wow, memories! i''m an LIW from 2005, when jenwill and goldengirl were the original listkeepers. then it just naturally gravitated towards a nominating/voting system among the LIW for the honor of becoming the new listkeeper.

i''m not sure how fair it is to just assign someone to take over. i know it sounds silly, but some things are just meant to follow tradition. i say that nominations/voting are in order!
Hey ChargerGrrl!
35.gif

I was a LIW in 2005/2006 and I remember jenwill and goldengirl. It seems like so long ago! I was actually the 3rd LIW listkeeper after GG and jen. jen had been listkeeper for a while and wasn''t visiting PS regularly anymore, so Irina (former admin) asked me to start a new list after other LIWs nominated me for the position. I was engaged a mere 7 weeks later, and that''s when the whole "list keeper luck" thing began. I think it''s hilarious that it''s still a good luck charm 3 years later! I definitely think that the position should be filled by someone who is voted on.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 10:56:06 AM
Author: anchor31

Hey ChargerGrrl!
35.gif

I was a LIW in 2005/2006 and I remember jenwill and goldengirl. It seems like so long ago! I was actually the 3rd LIW listkeeper after GG and jen. jen had been listkeeper for a while and wasn''t visiting PS regularly anymore, so Irina (former admin) asked me to start a new list after other LIWs nominated me for the position. I was engaged a mere 7 weeks later, and that''s when the whole ''list keeper luck'' thing began. I think it''s hilarious that it''s still a good luck charm 3 years later! I definitely think that the position should be filled by someone who is voted on.
Aww, I didn''t know that''s how the lucky listkeeper got started! That''s so awesome (yeah, whitby, I said awesome).

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
This likely had something to do with me? I don't know. I was helping jcar while she was out of town. Due to a personal issue I asked for somebody to take over for me while jcar was out and town and Jessie stepped up and did it. I think some assuming was done that since she was already temp list keeper it could just carry over and she wanted to do it. Well we all know what happens when we assume...and that has happened. I apologize if I had a part in breaking the tradition. I will step up and take responsibility.
32.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 11:09:03 AM
Author: stepcutgirl
This likely had something to do with me? I don''t know. I was helping jcar while she was out of town. Due to a personal issue I asked for somebody to take over for me while jcar was out and town and Jessie stepped up and did it. I think some assuming was done that since she was already temp list keeper it could just carry over and she wanted to do it. Well we all know what happens when we assume...and that has happened. I apologize if I had a part in breaking the tradition. I will step up and take responsibility.
32.gif
Dont feel bad, Stepcut! You were just helping out!

We just need a new election, that''s all! Jessie was there to help out, not take over the list, since you have to be voted in. We appreciate the help of both of you, but we have to follow tradition!
2.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 11:13:41 AM

This likely had something to do with me? I don''t know. I was helping jcar while she was out of town. Due to a personal issue I asked for somebody to take over for me while jcar was out and town and Jessie stepped up and did it. I think some assuming was done that since she was already temp list keeper it could just carry over and she wanted to do it. Well we all know what happens when we assume...and that has happened. I apologize if I had a part in breaking the tradition. I will step up and take responsibility.
32.gif

We just need a new election, that''s all! Jessie was there to help out, not take over the list, since you have to be voted in. We appreciate the help of both of you, but we have to follow tradition!
2.gif
Word.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 11:18:05 AM

32.gif

2.gif
Word.
Traditioooooooooon, tradition! Traditioooooooooooooooooooooooon, TRADITION!

Ooops. Did I say that out loud? Please excuse my minor attack Fiddler on the Roof-in-mouth.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 11:24:07 AM
Author: princesss

Date: 7/30/2009 11:18:05 AM

32.gif

2.gif
Word.
Traditioooooooooon, tradition! Traditioooooooooooooooooooooooon, TRADITION!

Ooops. Did I say that out loud? Please excuse my minor attack Fiddler on the Roof-in-mouth.
Haha... thats what was running through my head when I typed it out!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Elle you still crack me up...

as a former listkeeper, it is important to others to remain in the tradition. I think it should go to a vote..

what about ckrickett? she has been a great asset to the forum and she is on the top of the list as well.

Trust me when I was inching to the top I wanted that special dust real bad...I was actually list keeper 2 different times.

Good Luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results