shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick question on LOGR setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

1001smiles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hello all. Quick question on this LOGR setting. I think many of you have it and mentioned that it was quite flexible. It is designed for a 7.5-mm round center. Has anybody put an 8-mm center into this without any modifications? Do you think it will fit OK?
Thank you all for advice, as always.

043bLOGR.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Technically, it should not be an issue to set an 8 mm round into a 7.5 mm setting. A setting usually has a 0.5 mm give or take either way.

1001smiles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks for the quick response, Chrono.
So in a case that your stone is half-way between two standard settings, are you better off getting a setting that''s 0.5 mm bigger or smaller than your stone? Or would either one work?
Thanks again.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It depends. Are you thinking of a cushion or round or some other shape? If cushion, I''d go with the smaller setting, for sure, due to the nature of the rounded sides of the stone. For a round, going up or down will work, unless there is a depth consideration that will force you to have to go upwards.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since I have this setting, I can tell you that if the stone is really deep, it can be an issue.

The stone in question barely just squeaked into this setting and it was about 7.6mm round.

-A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results