shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick poll

Does the cushion setting look nicer than the round?

• A. Yes, trade it.

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • B. No. Keep your round.

Votes: 26 61.9%

• Total voters

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I went to my jeweler today, forvthisevof you who have been following my other thread. Here is my top choice. I like thar it's unique but I'm wondering if my stone gets lost. image_3658.jpg image_3659.jpg
Here is the one I would trade up.
image_3650.jpg

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW thats..A lot. Very blingy for sure! I like your current setting, but if you prefer the new option, go for it! Finger coverage galore!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Double halo looks smashing on your finger, but I think I like the look of round shaped halos with round stones better than cushion halo with round stone. Can you model some round double halos for us? :appl: :dance: :clap:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1435703760|3897039 said:
Double halo looks smashing on your finger, but I think I like the look of round shaped halos with round stones better than cushion halo with round stone. Can you model some round double halos for us? :appl: :dance: :clap:

Sadly, he doesn't have any round double halos at the moment. I went through his entire inventory and this is my top choice in terms of halos.

venus57

Rough_Rock
Omg those first pics are amazing! I love the design, it's different than anything else I've seen! Who us your jeweler or who makes the setting?!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like halos.
I especially don't like when they have air gaps and a two square thing interrupting the halo, as with this cushion setting.
They remind me of eyeballs with Sarah Palin eyeglasses.

If it's gotta be a halo I prefer the round setting, by far.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with Kenny. Love the Sarah Palin eyewear analogy! But you have to love it.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you like it?? Do you like that it makes your round stone look square-ish?

Being that I can be quite indecisive at times, I feel your pain. It does seem that you are trying to find something that isn't available to you right now, and if you pick something you very well may be settling and not like it over time. Would your jeweler allow you to put it in a simple solitaire and you can wait for more inventory or special order something that you truly loooove?

I feel like the cushion shaped solitaire is taking away from your lovely center stone. It's kind of busy to my eyes, but this isn't my ring! ::)

MrsJolie

Rough_Rock
I think it's too much and your stone gets lost. It just has a lot going on.

I think the round setting would be great if there wasn't a gap between the diamond and the halo. The halo should be tighter.

But that's just my opinion. If you really, really love it, keep it. If it's not exactly what you want, I would wait it out. Even if your jeweler can't get any new settings in for a while...it'll be worth it in the long run to get exactly what you want. Don't settle if you don't have to.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I kind of actually like it because it is different than what we see all the time. I like a round in a cushion halo. I detect a little milgrain, also, which is another plus!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's really pretty nala! As DS said, it's a bit different and I like that it has a lot of finger coverage and yet looks delicate. Looks sparkly too! I like rounds in cushion settings, there are times I wish I had gotten one!

Wmiod

Rough_Rock
I am so glad you posted again because I saw a blog post on Pinterest and thought of your other post. I think it was entitled "Most beautiful rings" for Style Me Pretty this year on Pinterest. And your round setting was on it. I even wondered if it was you. Anyway, apparently the round setting has lots of love on Pinterest;-)

Do what makes you HAPPY

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You should get (or keep) what speaks to you, but... here are my thoughts. Bear in mind that though that my favorite settings are solitaires and some variation thereof, and I get the impression that you like your bling - well, blingy!

The possible new setting has too much going on with it for my taste. To me it says "novelty" and something I would probably get tired of quickly. But as I said, that's coming from a solitaire girl.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1435724955|3897191 said:
You should get (or keep) what speaks to you, but... here are my thoughts. Bear in mind that though that my favorite settings are solitaires and some variation thereof, and I get the impression that you like your bling - well, blingy!

The possible new setting has too much going on with it for my taste. To me it says "novelty" and something I would probably get tired of quickly. But as I said, that's coming from a solitaire girl.

I could have written this post and completely agree. It's what you love and want to wear. Personally the new setting has too much going on for me and appears (to my eyes) to be bulky. But I am a solitaire girl at heart and while I appreciate more intricate blingy settings I always tend to go for the classic and elegant solitaire setting so take my advice with a grain of salt if you kwim.

Can you see yourself wearing this new ring easily? Or will it get in the way of activities and such? Will it be comfortable for you in terms of physical comfort and aesthetic comfort? Know that when you are wearing it the ring will certainly get noticed.

It is different and it is blingy so it certainly has those two things going for it and if you are in love with it I think you should go for it. We are all different that way and should enjoy what we love and celebrate those differences. It is OK to wear what you love even if everyone doesn't love it. That is for sure. So whichever you chose Nala wear it and love it and enjoy the heck out of it OK?

:appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like halos and airlines but this one isn't doing it for me. That said, you are the one who will wear it, therefore, only your opinion matters.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nala, quick comment. Looks like you have been looking at lots of halo styles. What are your top requirements on a halo? You get one that meets all those requirements. Otherwise it appears you will not be satisfied. Maybe you should consider biting the bullet and getting a custom from victor, BE, Leon, Steven, if you think they would be able to make one that would meet your requirements. Then it would save you money in the long run from buying these not up to par settings. Just a thought. :)

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO your stone gets lost in this double halo. I think the idea of waiting until your jeweler has more options is a good one.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1435764551|3897362 said:
Nala, quick comment. Looks like you have been looking at lots of halo styles. What are your top requirements on a halo? You get one that meets all those requirements. Otherwise it appears you will not be satisfied. Maybe you should consider biting the bullet and getting a custom from victor, BE, Leon, Steven, if you think they would be able to make one that would meet your requirements. Then it would save you money in the long run from buying these not up to par settings. Just a thought. :)

Ditto. Take your time and do it right, rather than settling for a ring because it's the only or closest one available. That doesn't mean it has to be custom, just that it's a ring that makes your heart sing and doesn't leave you second-guessing yourself. Meanwhile, hold on to that big beautiful center stone until you find the right setting or trade-in.

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry I know its your chose at the end of the day, but please wait out because to me that is one UGLY ring

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
I love different so it actually looks quite pretty to me!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to all of you for commenting and especially for voting! I have been scrutinizing this setting for the past couple of days, just to make sure. I realize that it is not everyone's taste, but the more I scrutinize, the more I actually fall in love with it! I don't mind that it's too busy, and I don't mind that it's super blingy. I especially love that I feel so glamorous when I wear it. As for my diamond getting lost, I don't think it will be a problem because it will sit high, not flush with the first halo. In trying on other halos, I realized that a flush halo is not for me. Finally, I know no one else will be wearing a ring like this, so that is a super plus. I do think it has better quality melee than my round halo, which was my central concern and I will probably pull the trigger after the holiday weekend. Thanks so much!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like you're really starting to love the new setting! That's great! It's really unique and different and quite glamorous as you stated. I think I'd describe it as fabulous :)) .

Yay, congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results