shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick assessment - Si1 with feathers/needle

sarahdavanzo

Rough_Rock
Can I get your opinions on this 2ct marquise diamond? Are the inclusions by the girdle (medium-very thick) a deal breaker? The diamond is gorgeous in person and eye clean:
IMG_7058.jpeg IMG_7057.jpeg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Please start a thread so folks can find your question. This would make me leery, but I would get the opinion of others.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’ll just throw out my uneducated experience. I have an SI2 diamond cushion that is gorgeous. It also has a feather as the first description in the report including other inclusions. It’s on the edge. It is also eye clean. I decided to purchase it because I contacted my jeweler…David Klass..to ask him if he would be comfortable setting it in a diamond halo. He had no reservations about doing it. I later changed the setting to a bezel setting..not for it to be more protected..I just wanted to have it redone in a yellow gold bezel. There were no problems removing it from the previous setting and setting it in a new one. An SI1 is a better grade than mine. I think it would depend on how you would like to set it. The prongs could be positioned away from the feather…but only a really good jeweler can tell you whether they think they feel comfortable setting it. It also depends on how hard you are on your jewelry. Would you tend to whack it on things..like a grocery cart, etc. Some people are very hard on their jewelry. I wear mine on my left hand..so less of a chance of hitting it on something. I’m naturally careful with any of my rings on my left hand. So..it really depends on your setting, how comfortable you are with the feather, etc. If it were me I would start a thread. There are experts on here that may answer..It’s Easter Sunday..so I would probably do one tomorrow. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would get the opinion of an expert who can examine it in person.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results