shape
carat
color
clarity

questions on diamondstudsonly.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GeminiGuy

Rough_Rock
Hi there, I have searched through the whole forum trying to find my answers, but
no luck here, sorry if this is already posted.

I am new here, and have finally joined to find answers and hoping to find suggestions on a diamond stud purchase I would like to make.

I am thinking of getting these diamond stud earrings... 1/3 carat tw, SI1 calrity, G-H color, from a site called:
diamondstudsonly

Does anybody know if this is a good site to purchase diamond stud earings? Are they trustworthy? Their appraisal certificates are from "American Gemlab", which I think is their in house lab, although they state that it is an "independent third party gem laboratory". Then again, they say that the lab has GIA credentials with GIA Graduate Gemologists. Should they be trusted since they appraise their own products?

Thank you for your time.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Your link didn''t work.

www.diamondstudsonly.com

I haven''t heard of this Vendor. Doesn''t mean they will steal your money and not send you studs, just I''ve never heard of them.

I will say,.......... If their diamond pics are representative of the actual diamonds they sell, you''d be better served to spend a bit more money and buy a quality set of studs. Their diamond pics show the diamonds to be not the best cut diamonds and I fear not great performers either.

White Flash sells that size ideal cut diamonds. Other Vendors can source ideal/premium cuts for you as well.

Just a thought for you.
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/1/2005 8:212 PM
Author:geminizi

Does anybody know if this is a good site to purchase diamond stud earings? Are they trustworthy? Their appraisal certificates are from ''American Gemlab'', which I think is their in house lab, although they state that it is an ''independent third party gem laboratory''. Then again, they say that the lab has GIA credentials with GIA Graduate Gemologists. Should they be trusted since they appraise their own products?
It''s the same guys that put the label, the price tag and print those papers with the sole purpose to make some merchandise sound like a bargain.
Let''s say the very same diamonds that you definitely liked and bought would come back from a trip to GIA graded one or two grades down on each account. Now the initial price is no longer a bargain, but just about ok-ish. Would you still like the diamonds as much ? To me this is not a rhetoric question: if it was, there would be no demand whatsoever for overgraded diamonds and all labs would be just as strict and unbiased by customer demand. As is... anything goes
7.gif

GeminiGuy

Rough_Rock
the working link

You must be good.... you can tell if the cut is good or not by looking at the pictures.
The site did list the type of cut on the diamonds. The link or the diamonds that I was looking at are excellent cut.

I am not familiar with whiteflash, can you tell me why they are a good place to order diamond stud earrings? Am I suppose to choose from the Expert Selection! Ready set to GO?
I'm looking for between 1/4 - 1/3 total weight carat. I notice the site said it's .30 carat, is that suppose to be 1/3 carat?
link

Is this screw back or friction back, which do you recommend? It only comes in 4 prong settings unless I buy the 3 prong settings itself and buy diamonds separately... wouldn't that be way too expensive and out of my budget? I'm looking for 3 prong settings.

Thank you for your time.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Your original post specified 1/3 ctw sized studs. So each stone would be around 17 points. You''ll note that the PS search engine only goes down to 0.2 carat or 20 points. Diamonds below that size are referred to as melee.

Melee diamonds have varying levels of cut, just like larger sized diamonds. That can run the gambit from Commercial grade all the way to premium/ideal makes. Just like larger diamonds, better cut melee produces better performance in the finished piece of jewelry.

I specifically named White Flash because they cut their own ACA melee. Other Vendors, ie......... Nice Ice, Good Old Gold, DirtCheapDiamonds, any Vendor can source well cut melee diamonds for you. None of the Vendors show melee diamonds on their websites. You would need to contact them/speak with them directly with your request. All the Vendors will put the diamonds in any style setting you ask for. 4 prong, 3 prong, martini, you name it. If the mount will accomodate the appropriate size stones.

Would it be out of your budget? I don''t know. You''d have to contact a PS Vendor and price a pair of studs.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results