shape
carat
color
clarity

questions from a newbie~~

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

phylao

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I am new here and please bear with me.
10.gif

I always dun understand the following, would be nice if someone could tell me?
33.gif

1) what''s the difference between the wedding band and eternity band?
2) do the wedding band from the couple have to be the same?
3) pros and cons of the channel set and shared prong set?

thank you soooooooooo much :) i really appreciate it!

Pamela

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2005 4:06:31 PM
Author:phylao
Hi all,

I am new here and please bear with me.
10.gif

I always dun understand the following, would be nice if someone could tell me?
33.gif

1) what's the difference between the wedding band and eternity band?
2) do the wedding band from the couple have to be the same?
3) pros and cons of the channel set and shared prong set?

thank you soooooooooo much :) i really appreciate it!

Pamela

a wedding band is a wedding band. it's a type of ring. aka one you get married with.

an eternity band is a band with stones all the way around it. it's a style of ring.

no the wedding bands don't have to be the same..do whatever you want. it's your set.

re: channel and shared prong, run an archive search to find more information, there are tons of threads re: safety of prong vs channel etc. there is lots of information here if you can search to find it!

good luck!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
just to add to mara''s comment re: the channel set versus shared prong bands...try on before you buy! some people find the shared prong bands uncomfortable and prefer the channel set, some love the look of the shared prong over the channel set. i have both styles of rings and love them, but my shared prong band is only half-eternity, which alleviates the potential discomfort. if made well the prongs on the shared prong ring shouldn''t stick out too far and poke you, but the comfort of even a well-made shared prong ring is still a matter of personal preference.

phylao

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

thank you so much!!
at first i thought ''eternity band'' is something for anniversary etc
4.gif

about the look, I think the shared prong is better....however i guess it would be better if i look for something more comfy since i will wear it everyday (not that i am engaged already...hehee, still waiting :razz:)

thanks~

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results