shape
carat
color
clarity

Questions for those who have done boudoir photos...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

breezy

Rough_Rock
I can''t believe I would consider doing this.....haha........I don''t even like to have my picture taken. Anyway, I would do it if I really thought it would make my FI very happy. He would NEVER think I would do something like that. My biggest concern: privacy. I know I can hire someone skilled, who is local enough, but I worry about computer images and ANY possibility that photos could be seen by anyone else. I would want control of all evidence!
31.gif
How can anyone be sure that all digital images are permanently deleted except for the disc that is purchased? Where is the printing done? I know they usually post images online for approval, etc. How is that secure? And how are they permanently deleted after? Maybe I am just paranoid, but I would be extremely upset if the photos ever got out to anyone but us. Thoughts? Can anyone reassure me it would be okay?
14.gif

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
You may have a hard time finding a photographer who will agree to this, as many of them want to use their pictures for promotional purposes. I had my bodouir shots done for free with a photographer who is trying to build her portfolio, so I knew she may use them in the future to show other potential clients, and worth it in my opinion.

For me, I know the pictures won''t be attached to my name, so the off chance that someone I know stumbles across them and knows it''s me, well, that''s a risk I was willing to take for a free photoshoot. I adore my pictures and I know FI will love them too.

Hopefully others can help you out with your privacy concerns.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can relate!

The best solution I can think of, is to maybe ask a good local photographer to take the images with your personal camera/or memory card, and you could take all of it home with you to download at home (and print at home if you have the resources).

This way you have entire control of the photos throughout and wouldn't have to worry them popping up anywhere in the future. The biggest problem is that you might have a harder time finding a photographer, but maybe you could offer to give them photos where you're more modestly dressed or have your face cropped out for promotional purposes? Or find someone who is established enough not to care that they can't use your photos.

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
if their a really good photographer, they you should not worry about it leaking over the net. plus, photographers SHOULD ask your permission first before they can use it for promotional purposes.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Breezy, I answered you in the newlyweds thread, but wanted to respond here as well.

Date: 9/1/2009 3:56:17 PM
Author: cleokizzy
if their a really good photographer, they you should not worry about it leaking over the net. plus, photographers SHOULD ask your permission first before they can use it for promotional purposes.
They don''t have to if it''s in their contract. All the contracts I saw had that as part of it.

I have to ask too, if you''re so uncomfortable with the pictures being seen, why do them? Just curious. Because the photog will keep them as part of their portfolio, they''ll be seen if you make prints, seen if you make an album.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2009 4:13:49 PM
Author: sunnyd

Date: 9/1/2009 3:56:17 PM

Author: cleokizzy

They don't have to if it's in their contract. All the contracts I saw had that as part of it.

All contracts are negotiable. Read carefully and change any terms about promotional use to reflect what you want. If the photographer won't agree, find another who will. Most reputable photographers who do b-pics are sensitive to privacy issues, so when you find one you like, just discuss it with her.

I plan to do these at some point, and will specify in the contract that only photos that don't show my face may be used, and that my name can't be associated with them (she can find a suitable pseudonym). But if I wanted it to be more restrictive, my photog would be fine with that, too.

breezy

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the responses. I don''t know if I will ever do it.....it might be worth it if my FI would really love it. Since I don''t know what he would think, I hesitate to go ahead.....and if I asked for his opinion, it wouldn''t be a surprise! lol I"m sure no one likes to consider the possibility that their marriage would end, but what about an angry spouse using something like this to embarrass/humiliate the other. Maybe it''s just not for me.......
40.gif

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
I think you''ll be okay. I did mine, and I''m a teacher. If those things leaked on the internet, I would be fired faster than I would know. I told my photog not to put any up on her blog that she does, and she did everything under my middle name.

Do it!!! They are the best present ever and you feel so good afterwards!!!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
i haven''t done them, but i totally want to now! i dont know that i will have the time to before the wedding now, but this might just make the perfect christmas or 1st anni gift!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results