shape
carat
color
clarity

questions about my salton cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bogus

Rough_Rock
I just received my Salton cleaner and I love it. The steam is great, for those of you who have this product can you tell me
how long I can use the cleaner berfore I have to refill it again? Do you rinse everything out after each use? The instructions seem to leave this info out.

Also, I cleaned my bezel set eternity band in it and then used the cleaning cloth provided and no matter how much I cleaned it the cloth kept showing black on it I couldnt get it to come completely clean so the cloth would show no black. Can anyone tell me what this is any what I can do to get my ring totaly clean?
Thanx roni
35.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
I''m glad you''re enjoying the Salton! I just love mine and think it''s a super two in one product with both the cleaning and steam unit. To your question.... I don''t empty the tank after each use because the cleaning powder is a precious commodity! I clean 3-4 times before starting new. You can order a refil of the powder from www.esalton.com but at this time it''s out of stock, once again. I could kick myself for not ordering it a couple of weeks ago after they had re-stocked.

I''m not sure about the black coming from your ring. Hopefully one of the experts will weigh in on that.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I use the cleaner several times before changing it. I only use it once or twice a week and I think some people use it daily. I don''t know what to tell you about the black though.

The cleaner is out of stock again?? I''m glad I jumped on it a few weeks ago when they had it and bought 3 bottles! That should last me awhile!

bogus

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for your reply. I guess I better get the powder as soon as I can. I think thats probably the only thing I
dont like is that the powder is not easier to get.

I hope someone out there has an answer to my question about the black stuff.

thanks again
roni
35.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The black stuff is probably tarnish which happens because we live in an oxygen rich atmosphere. You can remove it more easily with a product like Gemcare. If you have a high acid content to your skin you will be getting more black than some others may, or if there is acid in the cloth you are using, this could be exacerbating the problem.

The steam will take the dirt off of your ring and stones, but will not remove the tarnish.

wink

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Everybody sounded so excited about the Salton cleaner that I did some research and ordered it online today on QVC!! I can''t wait to get it!! It''ll be just in time for my new setting....thanks for all the comments...

bogus

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your response. I had no idea platinum could tarnish. I had never heard that before. I guess you learn something
new every day.
thanx again roni

bogus

Rough_Rock
ok, so where can I get Gemcare? the thing is is that the black stuff only came off around the bezel set diamond not the rest of the ring. there was no black stuff on my diamond solitare platium engagement ring so Im still a little confused. can anyone
explain this.
thanks roni

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sounds like you may be getting a reaction from the solder used in the bezel.

You can get Gemcare products directly from them and many retailers cary it. http://www.gemcareproducts.com/

Since you are only having a problem at the bezel, I would have your jeweler look at it and make sure there are no problems with the solder joint.

Wink

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
I got my Salton Jewelry spa today and OMG!!! I cannot believe how clean it got my wedding ring! I haven''t seen it this clean since I last took it in to a jeweler to have the prongs checked!!

I wanted to leave the water in the basin and the electric cleaner compartments. It sounds like others of you have done the same thing...it won''t rust/corrode the metal in the basket or the basin itself??

This is a GREAT product!!! I''m so glad everyone here recommended it!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it sounds really great, guess I''ll get one too!!
2.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
IF you do get one, go for it on QVC.com...I found it the cheapest there for $54.99 + S/H + about $66! Everyplace else started at $69.99+!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks!!!
9.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
I''m glad you guys are loving it!!!

I leave my water/cleaner in there through several cleanings.....must conserve that cleaning powder!! I have a couple of strange marks on the bottom of the cleaning basin, but I think it''s normal wear and tear.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have heard that the cleaning powder often is hard to get, is that true??

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/25/2005 6:52:46 PM
Author: kaleigh
I have heard that the cleaning powder often is hard to get, is that true??

I don''t know...being I "just" got it today, I haven''t had the need to look...but I''ll find out soon enough, I guess
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, so you just got yours, how much cleaning powder comes with it, like one bottle or jar?? Thanks, sorry for all the questions just want to know so when I order one I order enough!!
1.gif

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

I bought my Salton on Amazon about a month ago. I can''t seem to get the steam to work, I might put it in another outlet that may get more juice. Otherwise it works great. Does anyone have any additional suggestions about the steam valve?

Thanks!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/25/2005 7:39
6.gif
0 PM
Author: kaleigh
Ok, so you just got yours, how much cleaning powder comes with it, like one bottle or jar?? Thanks, sorry for all the questions just want to know so when I order one I order enough!!
1.gif

It comes with a small bottle, about 8 oz worth of powder...you use two small scoops for each fill...I used it last week, but didn''t dump it out after I was done...

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/25/2005 8:14:33 PM
Author: crafftygrrl
Hi everyone,

I bought my Salton on Amazon about a month ago. I can''t seem to get the steam to work, I might put it in another outlet that may get more juice. Otherwise it works great. Does anyone have any additional suggestions about the steam valve?

Thanks!

Mine didn''t originally work either when I tried it for the first time. I gently tugged on the nozzle once or twice until it started working. If your''s isn''t working, you may want to consider returning it for another.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting information!!! Just wondering...can you continue to use the cloth even after it is totally blackened by the "smudges" or is it better to just toss it and purchase a new one? Or can I machine wash the cloth? What is recommended?

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the information! I guess because I have 18K WG sets that I should stay clear of these cloths then and only use clean microfiber cloths?! Good to know...wouldn''t want to ruin my wedding rings!
15.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/25/2005 6:45:46 PM
Author: Libster
I''m glad you guys are loving it!!!

I leave my water/cleaner in there through several cleanings.....must conserve that cleaning powder!! I have a couple of strange marks on the bottom of the cleaning basin, but I think it''s normal wear and tear.

I''m also now finding that I''m getting marks on the bottom of my sonic cleaner too...One even looks like a burn mark? Does anyone know what this could be? Are we supposed to be emptying this chamber after every use to prevent this?? Any feedback??
33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results