shape
carat
color
clarity

Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Time2wed

Rough_Rock
First off, I'm new here and would like to say hello and to thank everyone for all the great information they post. This place is great for guys like me!

Secondly, I came across a company known as Diamonds By Angie in southern CA and was wondering if anyone has heard or have done business with them? My local rep is pushing a sale on me, but I would like to research DBA first. I can't find any information on them via web, the only thing that came up was a address in LA. From what I was told by the rep. DBA in part of the West cost diamond exchange in LA. They wholesale diamonds with or without certs. Depending on what my needs are. No way I'm buying a diamond without certs.

Anyways to make the long story short, I need a stone for my honey of 9 years. So can anyone please provide me with information.

Newbie lurking.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Never heard of them, but there are millions of diamond dealers out there and quite a few who claim to wholesale to the public when their price structure is not truly wholesale, but rather seems to be because the buyers don''t understand how minor variations in proportions, clarity and carat weight can affect price. Do your homework, compare diamonds graded by what are considered to be diamond grading laboratories of equal character such as the GIA and AGS and be sure to compare the number, type and extent of inclusions as well as obtain detailed proportions analysis. Compare prices based upon that information and make a decision upon that detail. There are lots of wonderful tutorials here on PS and on the web sites of the more prominent dealers, take some time to read those tutorials BEFORE you buy the diamond and you''ll be off to a really good start. Good luck!

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock

I have never heard of them either. What shape are you looking for? Size? ect...

Time2wed

Rough_Rock
Yeah I thought DBA was fishy from the get go. Sounds way too good to be true.
Actually, I would give you my stats but I would offend the current business I''m working with now in locating a stone. They do a great job and they often visit this site. Thank you though.

Newbie lurking

CJH

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I saw your question about Diamonds by Angie, the store in the LA jewelry district. I bought a 4 or 5 ctw diamond tennis bracelet from them last spring and I''m pretty happy with it. They gave me their appraisal of it which specified the color and the clarity range. I took the bracelet to a jeweler I personally know and have bought things from. She looked at it under her microscope and confirmed that the color and clarity were on the mark, although there were a few diamonds that were right on the edge of being a little worse in clarity than my appraisal stated. She was a bit scornful of the setting--she called it a "tractor" setting--but most importantly the seller had not lied about the diamond quality.
I''m not sure I would buy a solitaire from them--when you really want the quality to be perfect--but for a bracelet or earrings, I would definitely go back to them.
As for price, I thought I got a very good deal. Also, as for wholesale vs. retail--if a jeweler sells to a member of the public, it''s retail. I just shop around, so I have a sense of all the prices.

Hope this helps.
CJH

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results