shape
carat
color
clarity

question...what do ladies do with their X husband''s e-ring..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
I had a .40 pear in a gaudy swirl setting from my ex-husband. I took the pear out and made a pendant and wear it. I plan on giving it to the only thing good in that sucky marriage-my daughter. She's only 6 so I'll wear it for awhile.

yowahking

Shiny_Rock
We have a window where the customers can watch the goldsmiths working. One very nice customer asked if she could watch while we worked on a ring. Usually this means it is a family diamond that they are worried about a jeweler switching. She asked to see the wedding band be hammered on and then melted into a blob. His band. We handed the blob back and said no charge. Someday I will write my book and wacky requests from customers.

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 9/5/2004 2:38:48 AM yowahking wrote:

She asked to see the wedding band be hammered on and then melted into a blob. His band. We handed the blob back and said no charge. Someday I will write my book and wacky requests from customers. ----------------

LOL!!!

She should have hammered on it herself first and then brought it in to you!!

This is classic
1.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ROFL!!!!! Hey I needed that this morning. Sometimes these boards are way too serious.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
My mother had to sell her 2.5 ct F, IF pear to pay her legal bills.
angryfire.gif
8.gif
14.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/11/2004 12:40:55 PM Rowan wrote:

Well for me when I was a dumb young kid and got engaged, we broke up and before I had a chance to even give back the ring, he used his key (which stupid me hadn't gotten back yet
angryfire.gif
) and got into my room and stole every piece of jewelry he had ever given me during our two year relationship. I'm talking EVERYTHING-birthday gifts, Christmas gifts, you name it. I had also given him a ring which he refused to give back. About five years after the fact, I guess he decided to let bygones be and mailed me the ring, which I sold.
Now, I know a lady who was married for something like 13 years and after she got divorced she said she deserved to keep that diamond after putting up with him all those years and had a very unique right hand ring made and set with her old diamond and another one. It's nice and now she has a nicer diamond e-ring from her new husband.
1.gif
----------------

It is me or is this called "Grand Larceny". You were much calmer than I would. I would have had the guy arrested.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
It's "burglary" ... In NJ, this means "entering a premise with the intent to commit a crime."
angryfire.gif
14.gif

F&I is right--call the police!
2.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 9/5/2004 2:38:48 AM yowahking wrote:

...... Someday I will write my book and wacky requests from customers.
----------------
I'd love to read a book like that!
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

DiamondDust

Rough_Rock
I agree, a book like that would be Great!

I don't know why this came to mind but it did. Talking about doing stupid things with diamonds. A old friend of mine, father was a undertaker. He warned me to never put a love one in the ground with jewlery on them. He said 9 times out of 10 times it is taken before the casket is closed for the last time. I was in shock that someone could do such a thing until I heard about funeral homes getting caught at it. "Sick" but I thought I would pass it along. Something to think about.
6.gif

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
Wow.

I was going to say "Give it back." Now having heard those stories I say keep it and more power to you.

My wife is a school counselor and tells her kids that more of your happiness is tied up in your choice of a spouse than in your choice of a career.

Nifergirl7997

Rough_Rock
My ex was never able to get past being stuck to his mother''s hip (literally... he is in his 30s and still lives with his mom, and asks her permission for everything he does, and doesn''t work because she thinks it''s "bad" for him to have too much stress), and after a couple of years of hoping he''d out grow his desire to be firmly planted up his mom''s butt, I had to move on, or risk constantly being ridiculed by his mom for trying to pull him out of between her butt cheeks. So, when we broke up (a LONG process), he was SURE I''d be back, so he refused to take the ring back.

I mailed it; he marked it "return to sender." He has since hit a stretch of bad luck, and has had several hospital stays, and I''d like to give him the ring for a dent (however tiny... it was a Wal-Mart Keepsake ring... not expensive) in the expenses, since his mom makes him think he can''t work, ever.

Anyway, for whatever twisted reason, he still thinks I will be with him again eventually. It''s been a long time since we split; I''m almost engaged to someone else, and I don''t want the ring in my house. I''m tempted to just sell it for what I can get and donate the money to a charity that helps people get on their feet, which what I always wanted so desperately for Thomas. It was a long lesson to learn that you can''t make a person want more for themselves than they do themselves, you can only encourage and love and support and pray. The rest is up to them...

Long story short: I broke it off, I have the ring. I don''t want it, though. I certainly hope to be rid of it before I get my forever and ever engagement ring in a few months! :)

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Never was married, but was engaged once before. After we broke up, I tried to give the ring back and he said he didn't want it. Months later he tried to ask for it back (we were fighting really bad at the time) because his mother wanted it, but my mother took it and put it in her safe at home. He didn't want to mess with my mom (she would've ripped him a new one) so he dropped the issue. I asked my mom why she wanted it and if I could sell it, but she said no and that she wanted to keep it to remind me of the mistake I almost made (our family's all about principle). I really could've used the money, but mom won't let me sell it.

cinnabar

Shiny_Rock
After I got divorced, the RNLI (a lifeboat charity) were having a drive to collect unwanted jewellery that they could either sell as is or melt down for scrap value. I gave them my wedding ring. I felt like Scarlett O''Hara
9.gif

I still have the e-ring, it doesn''t fit my right hand any more after I broke my ring finger and I''ll never wear it on my left now I''m remarried. I offered it to the ex when we broke up; we each listed all the items we wanted and his list was far greedier than mine (he said he wanted both cat litter pans, even though we were taking a cat each, that''s how bitter he was) so I assumed he''d like the ring back. He said no, it wasn''t worth enough to bother about. It was worth about 100 cat litter pans.

My husband''s ex dumped him before the wedding but refused to give back the ring; at least we didn''t have to worry about whether it was OK for him to regift it to me because there was no ring to fight over.

Like everyone else here, I now have a MUCH nicer ring and a MUCH MUCH nicer husband second time around
30.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
well this is a pretty old thread but I know several woman who used the diamond and made it into a necklace. Why waste a good diamond I guess
1.gif
11.gif
12.gif

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe if you had children with the ex, you could keep it for your son/daughter for an Ering...it would mean alot to him/her since it was part of both of his/her parents...

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
I plan on putting the stone from my first marriage into a pendant for my daughter when she is 16.

Jensia

Shiny_Rock
I thought this was funny . My roomate is going through a divorce and asked me to sell her ring for her. I listed it on craigs list.
Actualy she was going to take it to a pawn shop and only get 200 bucks. I said no! I gave her 200 on the spot then sold the ring and gave her the rest minus the 200 I gave her up front. Anyway, the lady that bought the ring, loved it, and then managed to hand it to her lesbian wife (im not gay bashing or anything) My roomtates husband has been viscouse and litterly kicked her out of the home and was having an affair. So she got a kick out of the fact that it went to a gay couple. I was temped to keep the ring myself, but that wouldnt have been rite as every time she sees me she would see her old ring, I couldnt do that.

Jensia

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I have a little bit of a different circumstance. My first husband passed away from cancer. I took my rings (engagement was an emerald solitaire) and his wedding ring and put them on a chain and gave it to my 8 year old son. Oddly enough he wears it to school from time to time--I think when he is missing his dad most. Most of the time it lives in his locking safe.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t been married but was engaged once before. I gave the ring back after we broke up, thinking we would get back together, we didn''t (thank God). The m*rf*r kept the ring and I ended up paying for it.
29.gif
I''m 99.9% sure he traded it in for a new one (or maybe used the same ring) to give to the woman he ended up marrying.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
I was engaged prior to my marriage and my ex-FI didn''t want the ring back. Originally, I turned it into a pendant, but my mother would get upset every time she saw me wear it...so I put it on consignment and got enough money to purchase a dinette set for my new apartment (at the time!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results