shape
carat
color
clarity

question regarding Superbcert''s signature princess

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

viscera912

Shiny_Rock
good morning everyone,

i was perusing through superbcert''s online store at exceldiamonds.com and i keep noticing that the diamonds have a very low table% (in the 50%). ever since i have been tracking superbcert''s diamonds for the last 2 years i have noticed they are the ones that carry the lowest table% for princess cuts. the diamonds are incredibly beautiful and as shown on the idealscope/brilliancescope pics the website offers they score quite high. my question is what does the low table% do for the diamond? since we have been talking about the whole AGS 0 scoring now im curious how a low table % fits in the picture? i hope im not being misunderstood, im not criticizing superbcert''s diamonds, im just trying to get some knowledge about how a lower table% affects a diamond''s light return?

there was some thread a while back regarding how people can tell which vendor it is just by the idealscope pic. thus, the varying online vendors each pick their diamonds to their own tastes and specifications, superbcert picks their sig princesses based on a lower table% anyway, once again we are online and people can misunderstand what is being said in these posts thus for reiterations purposes......im not trying to bash on superbcert, i am merely inquiring the diamond physics of what a lower table% does for a princess diamond. thanks for the reply....perhaps we can get barry to pop in??

jason

ps
ive finally got my budget figured out....and im going ring shopping this month for "the one"....2 years of research and finally im ready to sink my teeth in some princess diamonds

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
I''d say the most practical answer to this is to ask Superb Cert to get an AGS Princess Cut report on it.

This way you''ll know what AGS cut grades it for.

I''d offer to pay his cost for the cert and shipping, as that is certainly reasonable to do.

Then you can make a more informed decision about your purchase.

Rockdoc

rfath

Shiny_Rock
Jason -

Barry and his son are *very* nice people and always willing to take the time to talk to customers, at least from my experiences with them. You might want to ask these questions directly to hear what they''ve got to say. As well, Barry is willing to ship stones to appraisers so you can see the effect of the cut differences in person.

.. and then share what you find out. I''m curious to know as well!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results