shape
carat
color
clarity

Question pertaining to stone diameter

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Would a stone with the diameter of 6.1mm be able to fit in a prong setting made for a 6.0mm?

I''m clueless with stuff like this...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know but if worse come to worse you probably get a new head.
3.gif
What stone and what type of setting?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
The stone is a secret, all I will say is that it''s 6.1mm...the setting would probably be some kind of stock ring setting.

I''ve been looking at Adwar and Stuller and can''t really find anything like what I have in my head. I''d prefer something more on the vintage or antique side, but I''m having issues finding that. So now I''m just looking for anything but a plain solitaire...Any suggestions?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
How funny, I too have a 6.1mm stone that I want to put in a stock setting too. L1021 was the setting I was eyeing up.

I can''t say for certain as I''m not a jeweler, but I imagine that adjusting the prongs for .1mm wouldn''t be too terribly difficult.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a gorgeous setting Kismet. I''m wanting to go with something cheaper (so probably not platinum!) only because the stone wasn''t exactly expensive. What other websites did you look at before concentrating on that one?

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I checked Adwar and Stuller as well. I couldn''t find anything on Stuller that I liked. There were a few on Adwar that I liked but since I didn''t like them as well as the AER one, I didn''t write down the style number. I also browsed some antique jewelery sites for some inspiration (Lang, New York Estate Jewelry, Three Graces, etc.) My local jeweler has a scroll-y type setting (more curvy lines than a regular pattern) that I''m considering too. It''s a white gold setting so it''s about half the AER one.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome. I haven''t gone to any jewelers yet because I don''t yet have possession of the stone, so we''ll see what happens when I get it, and if I even like it. I''m browsing Greenlake right now to just get an idea and see what else is out there...they have a lot of beautiful stuff, but it''s all out of my price range. Still fun to look though.

Thank you for the info. Can I ask what kind of stone you''re looking for a mounting for?

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I''m looking for a mounting for my green chrysoberyl.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results