shape
carat
color
clarity

Question on LOGR Legacy Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I know the legacy rings are meant for cushion cut- but can you put a round in there? and if so do I need to tell LOGR so he can customize? and what size round? how does that work?
Inspiration picture- I hope cellantani you don''t mind me posting your beautiful ring!

haloscellantaniround2.jpg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I would probably shoot LOGR a message to ask; I''ve read that its not necessary to change the setting, but you need to have a stone that will fit nicely and to make sure you win the legacy with the prongs and not the bezel. The second idea sounds like a no brainer, but I''ve read that sometimes they''ll send you the wrong one or I''ve read of people bidding without realizing exactly which setting they were bidding on, and having prongs built is generally a solid $100 which is a lot.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Sarah, I don't mind at all! Here's my 8mm LOGR legacy with an 8mm round stone. There's quite a bit of room in the corners, so I'd probably try to do double prongs just to fill in the space. My stone just barely balanced on the bezel without falling in, so it would probably be better to have a slightly bigger stone - like 8.3mm. I would just tell LOGR what size round you have, and have them customize the setting to fit - just make sure they know your stone is round.

LOGR legacy with round.jpg

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/8/2009 9:09:20 PM
Author: cellentani
just make sure they know your stone is round.
I''d be VERY careful how you communicate this. I actually wanted the same exact thing and I THOUGHT I had made it very clear that I wanted to set my round stone into the cushion setting, and even got worried and mentioned it AGAIN, and what I got was a customized ROUND version of the cushion setting
38.gif
I ended up liking it as is so I kept it but I would be very ery careful about how I word my communications with him from now on to avoid any confusion.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 9:19:44 PM
Author: Babyblue033

I''d be VERY careful how you communicate this. I actually wanted the same exact thing and I THOUGHT I had made it very clear that I wanted to set my round stone into the cushion setting, and even got worried and mentioned it AGAIN, and what I got was a customized ROUND version of the cushion setting
38.gif
I ended up liking it as is so I kept it but I would be very ery careful about how I word my communications with him from now on to avoid any confusion.
Good point Babyblue. I''d even email them with pics of a similar ring (round set in a cushion setting) so they have a visual!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 9:21:56 PM

38.gif
Good point Babyblue. I''d even email them with pics of a similar ring (round set in a cushion setting) so they have a visual!
that is a good idea. perhaps I will email him a picture of your ring Cellantani so that way he knows what I''m talking about. In general do you like the look of the contrasting shapes? Have you had any problems with it?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many art deco rings were squarish bezels or halos with round stones, so it's a well loved design.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/8/2009 9:21:56 PM

38.gif
In hindsight that''s probably what I should''ve done, or, provide him with LESS information and simply ask for the legacy setting with prongs. I was trying to figure out the dimensions (as you noted, same size round won''t sit quite right) but then thought it might just be easier to ask him to customize for me. Learned my lesson!
20.gif
Good thing the round setting turned out nice enough, because I wasn''t about to return another setting and wait several weeks! LOL!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 9:46:05 PM
Author: Sarahbear621

that is a good idea. perhaps I will email him a picture of your ring Cellantani so that way he knows what I''m talking about. In general do you like the look of the contrasting shapes? Have you had any problems with it?
I didn''t actually set the round in that setting, but I''ve always liked that look. In my picture, it''s a little hard to tell what''s going on, so I wonder if you should send a clearer pic of a round in a cushion halo. Here''s a Jack Kelege example. Also, I don''t know if you''d be able to get the bezel completely taken off the LOGR - I asked, and he said it wasn''t possible. I''d be curious to know if he''d do double prongs in the corners!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 9:52:00 PM
In hindsight that''s probably what I should''ve done, or, provide him with LESS information and simply ask for the legacy setting with prongs. I was trying to figure out the dimensions (as you noted, same size round won''t sit quite right) but then thought it might just be easier to ask him to customize for me. Learned my lesson!
20.gif
Good thing the round setting turned out nice enough, because I wasn''t about to return another setting and wait several weeks! LOL!
So LOGR just sent you THIS setting?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results