shape
carat
color
clarity

Question on diamond studs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone;
I saw some diamond stud earrings today they were .90 carats total and they were F color and VS 1 clarity.
I didnt get the angels and all for the cut but they sparkled a lot, they were very pretty.
Is around $500 a good price for them? Thanks

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately, without information on the cut it''s too hard for people to say whether you''re getting a good deal. Who graded the diamonds? Are they a good match? Do they just sparkle because of the "special" lighting? I think what most people would tell you is that you can''t judge value without all the information, but if the diamonds are worth the $500 in your eyes get them. Personally, I would pass on them as I doubt the cut is very good, but if they look good to you, great!

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
I saw them at a show for an auction on Thursday. I saw them today, the lighting was not good in the place where they showed them, they had a Harry Winstons diamond there and it didnt seem to sparkle too much in the light there.
I have seen good diamonds and they seemed to look good to me, they looked very white and sparkly to me.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
You''re the person who matters most. Is there any way they will let you take them to an independent appraiser before purchasing (or get your money back if you''re not satisfied)?

Honestly, it sounds like you really like them and want them, so if you''re happy with the quality I say go for it!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
$500 for the pair??

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They could be the deal of a lifetime or a rip off or anything in between.
Not much info to go on.

Got a loupe?
Know how to use it?

Do the stones come with reports?
If so, from which lab?

Are they even real?
Buyer beware.

You say they are pretty; if $500 in spare change to you just buy them and enjoy them.
But we can't help you here without more info.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW that is cheap! You get what you pay for? esp for F VS! I''d be a bit wary...please try to get more info.

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
Hi Kenny;
Yeah I have a loupe I can go look at it tomorrow maybe I will go take a look and see what it looks like inside the stone.

Mara: I know you get what you pay for most of the time, but I think at auctions it is different, at that same auction they have a Harry winstons ring for 6000 and I am sure retail it is a whole lot more then that.
But I will see, I am not sure if the earrings are worth buying or not.
Thanks everyone.

Phil

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
$500 is WAAAYYYYY cheap for 2 x.45, F, VS1 stones. I''d say they either are not what they say they are, or there is something wrong with them. Or, maybe (it''sa long shot) it is just a distress sale from a private individual (you mentioned an auction.) If you like them and want them for $500, even if they don''t turn out to be those specs, go for it. Otherwise, take some precautions.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, $500 would be a steal. Just be real careful. . .

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s my take on it. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Buyer beware.
2.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Often times at auctions, initial bids are placed below the actual value...it is doubtful that they''ll actually go for $500 after the bidding starts, if it really is a great pair of diamonds. I''d do a little more research about them and then decide what you''re willing to pay. If you''re the only one bidding and you get them for $500, awesome, but I guess I wouldn''t count on that happening...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results