shape
carat
color
clarity

question for you knowledgeable folks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

benedictina

Rough_Rock
I know very little about diamonds and am working on a fairly tight budget. Here is a diamond I have found that looks good to me, from what I have read thus far about diamonds.

http://www.exceldiamonds.com/diamond/9225.html

Please let me know if you think this is a good price and a good diamond. I am pretty confused about what "depth" and "table" mean, and if the specified depth of 61.1 and the table of 55% for this diamond are good.

Thank you in advance for your commments and help!
26.gif

klavigne

Shiny_Rock
The crown angle and pavilon angle would be helpful. But if they are good then the rock looks real good for the price. Depth is the total depth of the stone expressed as a percentage of the total diameter. Table is the percentage of the "top" of the diamond expressed as a percentage of the total diameter.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS
35.gif

Excel is reputable as are other vendors on PS, such as Whiteflash, Good Old Gold and Winfields. Call Excel and ask for Barry. He''ll offer honest advice about the stone you''re looking at. The price is pretty good for the stone. He should be able to provide you an idealscope image, which will help determine if there is light leakage.

Good luck..........

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome
35.gif
I can't seem to get the link to work, but the crown and pavillion angles are needed and so important to assess cut quality. Read up in the knowledge section at the top of the page, the tutorials on what to look for when buying a diamond. Cut is key, as no diamond is beautiful without a great cut, regardless of colour and clarity. Start reading then you will have a much better idea of what to look for. It is best to research before buying to avoid making a mistake! This diamond might be fine, but I can't tell as i can't see the info. Excel are a good vendor which is a good start. Hope this helps.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Welcome to pricescope.

The table is the big flat facet on the top center of the diamond. The table number you are seeing is the average diameter of the table divided by the average diameter of the whole stone. The depth measurment is the thickness of the stone from the table to the culet (the point at the back) divided by the average diameter of the stone. Both of these numbers appear on most lab reports and are useful in matching the stone to the report. These are discussed in the tutorial at the top of the page under 'knowledge'.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

benedictina

Rough_Rock
Dear Friends,

Thanks for your helpful replies to my post. Regarding the diamond in question, the pavilion angle is 40.5; the crown angle is 34.8; crown height is 15.1. Other statistics are: 0.46 carat; clarity is VS2; color is G; depth is 61.1; table is 55%; polish is very good; symmetry is very good; fluorescence is medium blue. The cost for this diamond is $1004.

Please let me know if this is a good price....for a good diamond (I hope!)

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results