shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for Wink

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RLG

Shiny_Rock
Hi,
Just wondering are you the Wink Jones that is pictured in several photos on the Stikine River by Doug Ammons in the new Kayak session magazine?
My boyfriend is huge into boating and thus by association I tend to see a lot kayaking stuff, but it is not often my love of diamonds and boating go together.

RLG
26.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/7/2007 5:59:34 PM
Author:RLG
Hi,

Just wondering are you the Wink Jones that is pictured in several photos on the Stikine River by Doug Ammons in the new Kayak session magazine?

My boyfriend is huge into boating and thus by association I tend to see a lot kayaking stuff, but it is not often my love of diamonds and boating go together.

RLG
26.gif

I am a kayaker, as several photos in the hangout will attest, but the expedition kayaker that Doug is referring to and showing pictures of is my son, who has done some incredible rivers and is a fantastic boater.

As a young father of two and a great husband, he no longer does expedition boating, but he can often be found up on the North Fork of the Payette, doing the incredible class five whitewater found in our own back yard.

I feel that at 60 years young I will not ever aspire to doing the things that he does, but we both share a deep love of the thrills that kayaking offers.

Wink

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! This was an interesting tidbit, Wink! I knew your son also kayaked. I did not know he was written up in magazines. It is amazing what one can learn by hanging around here! You are too modest. You should have been bragging more about your son!

Deborah
34.gif

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Wink,

I don''t know if you remember me since you do so much work with so many PS''ers... I bought the 5.95ct. green tourmaline back in Jan. (from Chicago)... Anyway, I''ve noticed your avatar before, but never asked if that was you kayaking. Wow! That''s awesome! I can''t believe your son does Class 5! That takes some incredible talent! And to have that in your backyard... how great would that be! We''ve seen some crazy whitewater kayaking in some of the shorts that were part of the Banff Mountain film festival. Really interesting to watch!

My DH and I love kayaking, but we haven''t done any whitewater kayaking (only in a raft). We live downtown Chicago and had some Perception kayaks (DH lived in a loft with 13'' wood ceilings ground level so we would move the kayaks in/out the window and hung them on the ceiling for storage. That was crazy! LOL Finally sold those when we moved and bought two Feathercrafts which have been great for what we do and they pack up neatly for storage in our closet. I think we live in the wrong place for the activities we like to do... not much kayaking here unless you want to kayak in the stinky Chicago River. Bleh!

Do you only do whitewater kayaking?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results