shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for Upgraders - Budget is $2,000

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
I plan to upgrade within the next six months. It won''t be my last upgrade, I am now thoroughly hooked !!!

My diamond came from a local, reputable jeweler.
I know I can go back to them with my 1 carat J-I1 + $2,000 and significantly upgrade the color, maybe some clarity, too. I plan to stay with the size I have (for now
28.gif
)

It''s a big store and I have zero chemistry or connection with them.

I''d much rather work with an internet vendor.

Does anybody know whether any of the favorites here will accept a trade-in that wasn''t purchased from them?

Of course, I could spend the $2k on a smaller stone and put it in a pendant.
I could just make that my starter stone.

What would you do?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I dont know that anyone on PS would take the stone as a trade it but 2k can get you a really nice stone from certain vendors.

.702 H SI1 1945
.62 H SI1 1819

I would stick with WF since I have had such a great experince with them and they offer a 100% trade up policy!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trade in... you would have to ask. There are also some older threads with similar questions - basically, it sounds like most would consider a trade-in if it looks like their usual stock (H&A ... whatever) or if it fits an existing customer request (long shot that).

It can''t hurt to ask!

On the other hand, the local shop could get in some nice stones (AGS0, GIA''s ''excellents'' or what not). Worth trying, IMO. Although... look at the prices for the trade in - sometimes the terms of the deal are such, that you don''t really get much of an advantage after all.
7.gif

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for those diamond suggestions, matadora
Both are good candidates.

I could wear it as a pendant until I have upgraded to the point of surpassing the size of my existing J-I1.

Then, I could do a swap and put the better diamond into my e-ring and the J-I1 into the pendant.

I do have some sentimental attachment to the J-I1 since it was our engagement stone.

It''s really lovely and I am continuing to shop diamonds becuase I just like them.
Obviously.
Diamonds are so fun!
18.gif

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
I figured out what it is with me- basically I don''t want to go into the big jewelry store and have the salespeople descend upon me and do the whole "so how can I help you?"
Yes I am anti-social.

And I don''t want to sit at the "bridal" counter next to a newly engaged couple half my age. (Last time I was there, the couple had brought along the mother of the bride to help pick the stone. Actaully that was a little amusing)

I just want to deal straight with the vendor and, preferably over the internet & phone til it''s time to make a final choice.
Even then, I am OK with photos.

ANYWAY ...

The news flash: I emailed a few vendors with my request and

I already got a positive response from my first pick vendor and I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED!!
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2006 2:44:08 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 3/29/2006 7:44:13 PM
Author: Matatora
I dont know that anyone on PS would take the stone as a trade it but 2k can get you a really nice stone from certain vendors.

.702 H SI1 1945
.62 H SI1 1819

I would stick with WF since I have had such a great experince with them and they offer a 100% trade up policy!
Matatora~

Does WF upgrade with thier earring diamonds too? Just wondering, cause I am hoping to get some for my birthday in June (come H*** or high water...)
11.gif

Sorry for the *brief* hijack..!!
WF only upgrades stones with a grading report. So if you buy them separately and have WF set them yes they will. If they are from the ready to go earrings, they do not come with grading reports

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/30/2006 1:48:53 PM
Author: dbgaap

ANYWAY ...

The news flash: I emailed a few vendors with my request and

I already got a positive response from my first pick vendor and I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED!!

36.gif

Meaning...positive feedback from upgrading a stone that they did not sell you? Please elaborate! I''m very curious...

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Based on what I told him about my diamond, he is interested.
He wants me to fax him the GIA certificate.

He says he wants to work with me ...
PM me if you want more details

The other internet vendor I emailed got back to me right away to let me know the decision-maker is on vacation and I''ll hear back from them next week.

Ya gotta love the quick responses !!

I emailed the B&M and have heard nothing. I am allowing them more time, though becuase they are old-fashioned and probably check email once a day or something.

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
I understand what you are saying dbgaap, I just yesterday went online to e-weddingbands.com and ordered me a 2mm band to wear with my ering. I have always loved working with my jeweler, but something felt so free about me just going and knowing what I wanted and finding it and doing a live chat with the ladies there and getting what I wanted delieverd to me within 3 days. I think I might start to cheat on my jeweler..... heheh
5.gif
but either way you go I don't think you would be disapointed in anyway going with a trade in on your diamond or starting with like a .60 or .70 like Matatora suggested and putting your diamond in a pendent. Us ladies have to do what we have to do to get what we want...
11.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results