shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for Married Folk: Tips for the "engagement day?"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamond_noob

Rough_Rock
Hey folks -

Is there anything you totally wished you would have saved/captured/said etc. from your E-Day?

I have a pretty elaborate plan put together to propose to my girlfriend (I will post a short version of "THE STORY" assuming she says yes in a few weeks) but I was wondering about those little special "somethings" that make an engagement day all the more special later on down the road. It''s hard to explain, but I''m thinking things like having a few close friends with hidden video cameras and/or digital cameras to capture it going down, writing the story out on paper, saving various things, etc.

I''m not particularly "sentimental" but I only plan on doing this once in my life so I want to make sure I capture as much of that joy (I hope) as possible. Any suggestions on things not to forget, or things you wished you would have incorporated into your story?

thanks in advance,
-- diamond_noob

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Others may disagree with me, but I personally think the best things from important days like this are the memories. I may keep a trinket that is meaningful to the two of us -- something we laughed about or from a romantic moment, but I'm not a planner on this front. I think the best memories are spur of the moment. You may want to do more than I would do, but no matter what you do, I believe that you will find little things to remember such a memorable moment by without having to plan it extensively.

shaneyboy

Rough_Rock
Yup!, i have to agree with you on that one....PICTURES MAN!
they last a lifetime...so go ahead set the paparatsi on her on this special day. be sure to check those cameras at least two days before, cuz..if taken for granted, the memories may not be saved. All the best man

Beth

Shiny_Rock
What I loved most about my engagement was that it was very private, impromptu, and from the heart, not planned out or rehearsed...but that is just me. I am not one for pomp and ceremony. Your gal may be very different. Whatever you do I wish you good luck. You are putting a lot of thought into it and that shows that it is really important to you to please her and get it right. Good Luck!

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
My proposal was very private. It was just my husband and me at home together, alone (with our pets, of course!). My husband had the forsight to have a camera ready so I have some photos of my reaction. My face is pretty priceless. We got engaged over breakfast, so my hair is a mess, I'm in my PJ's and I'm totally crying. I was a total mess! I love it!
1.gif
Soon after the engagement, I wrote out everything I could remember in a journal. The pictures and my own account of the proposal are more than enough for me.

I do have one suggestion for recently engaged or soon-to-be engaged folks. I started a journal the day after I got engaged. I wrote down a detailed account of the proposal. I wrote periodically in the journal throughout the engagement period. My engagement was only 6 months and our wedding was VERY simple, but I am really happy that I wrote in that journal. The engagement period is exciting and a little scary. You're making plans for a HUGE life decision (marriage). So, it was very helpful for me to have a place to write down my feelings. It's also fun for me to go back and read the jouranl to remember some of the things i was feeling as i was getting ready to start married life. My husband and I lived together for 3 years before marriage, so the day-to-day stuff didn't change, but you do go through a profound change as you get ready to marry and once you are married.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Like Beth, I had a very private and impromptu engagement...my husband and I were moving in together to save money and I came home from work on the day he & his friends moved us in to our apt... I opened the door (it was a 2nd fl apt) and on each step was a red rose and a note describing something he loved about me. When i got to the top, there was a note telling to go to the microwave, where there was a note telling me to go to the couch, and so on until the final note told me to go to the bedroom where he was on his knee with the ring.
love.gif

I still have those love notes and they are among my most precious possessions...I say, put your feelings down on paper and incorporate that element into your proposal.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results