shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for Asscher/S.E. lovers and those that just like them.

Would you be willing to pay a 5% premium?

• yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
We all know that finding a top asscher/s.e. is hard to do.
Would you be willing to pay a slight premium say 5% for a PS vendor to preselect a premium line of generic asschers to make the process easier?
They would have the following specs:
All diamonds in stock and available.
H color or better
Eye clean from all sides
Table in the high 50s very low 60s.
Depth between 65% and 75% <-- some would say 70% max.
crown 10%-15% <--- very important to add fire.
LW ratio as close to 1 as possible.
clipped cornered square vs more octagonal is personal preference Iv seen some awesome ones both ways and like the clipped cornered square look better.
vg or better on polish and symmetry
The windmills are properly formed.
The squares are well defined and concentric
It has the 10 mile deep look under indirect lighting.
The vendor rates it as a top asscher.

If you would be willing to pay more or less of a premium please specify.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
For the record none of the PS vendors asked me to post this
Its a hint to them, and maybe one or more of them will run with it if there is enough interest.

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
Absa-freakin-tootly. Hell yeah. (I had to pull out my calculator to do the math. Embarassing.)

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
One thing I forgot on the specs and that is they provide an indirect lighting picture of the diamond.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i am reserving my vote *for now* .........let it be known, however, that i will gladly pay a 5% premium if a vendor can guarantee that a particular stone is strm-worthy.

mrmedoes

Shiny_Rock
I don''t understand why there isn''t more competition for this market. You would think that most vendors would want to come to the front of the pack for something that seems to be more and more popular all the time.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2005 7:10:54 PM
Author: mrmedoes
I don''t understand why there isn''t more competition for this market. You would think that most vendors would want to come to the front of the pack for something that seems to be more and more popular all the time.

I think one or more of them will but I also think its going to take working with at least one cutting house to get it going and bring up the production of well cut asschers long term.
Hopefully the incentive of some added $$ will kick it into gear.
Im not sure if 5% is going to be enough to do that but there is a huge price gap between the RA''s and run of the wheel asschers that might give them some room to play.
I went with 5% because well there is always wishful thinking :}
I think short term 5% might be enough to be tougher in selecting them from the current supply/suppliers.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2005 6:19:22 PM
Author: belle
i am reserving my vote *for now* .........let it be known, however, that i will gladly pay a 5% premium if a vendor can guarantee that a particular stone is strm-worthy.
strm-worthy wow thats an ego boost!
Thanks
That is what im shooting for is more asschers that I would approve of being available.
I feel the way to do that is by increasing the demand for well cut asschers as well as an incentive to move on it $$$.

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Cool idea, Storm!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My vote was maybe, but looking at asschers a bit more and subsequently drooling a bit more too, I''d have to say yes, i''d pay a premium for a guarantee that a particular stone is a knockout.

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
I''d pay for the garuntee but as Belle said they must be strm-worthy
1.gif
but yes I think that it may be a good idea as I have been looking through a local jeweller lately and I have been pretty unimpressed with the quality that I have been shown although I don''t think this particular jeweller was too impressed at being asked for something that they don''t have automatically in stock.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
5%... over what ? There is a price or everything. The stats suggested (high crown/small table) mean lots of wasted material on the side. I would bet that even this basic cost argument would make for a substantial premium for such profile.

On the other hand, desirable optics may not be reliably pinned down by the expensive recipe.

Definitely "YES" to the poll question - just because it proposes a tremendous bargain
2.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Val,
5% over current prices and asscher/s.e. diamonds from elsewhere.

Long term as I stated yes there might have to be a higher premium for the reason you stated and others.
The point of the poll is that there is a market for "upscale" asschers that people are willing to pay more for.
Without going too crazy in price like the RA's

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well... the new stake in the ground just promoted about 100 quotes of the couple thousand around here. Why not ;-)

psSQ.JPG

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
I voted yes. As I am currently at the ''seriously searching'' stage, after months of casual looking, I must say that I would love anything that would make this easier. The VG/Ex on polish and symmetry, good formation of windmills and sqaures- ugh, you could drive yourself crazy with this quest. I for one am looking for deeply cut corners, so perhaps they could annotate that in the specs to differentiate for those that like a shallower corner cut.

I think if you are really serious about the asscher look, 5% would be worth it- you have already accepted that your stone will look smaller for the carat/price, so 5% is acceptable just when figuring out time investment costs.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
btt for those that havent seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results