shape
carat
color
clarity

question about the 60:60 tutorial picture

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

skphotoimages

Shiny_Rock
This picture is in the 60:60 tutorial. Are the red images on the bottom supposed to reflect what an ideal scope image might look like on these stones, or is it something all together different?

6060.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think so Sky, looks like the arrow patterns match.

skphotoimages

Shiny_Rock
OK, thanks for clearing that up for me.
2.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
yes they are
1.gif

Also the ideal-scope images and light perfrmance would change if the girdle thickness is thicker or thinner.
Slightly thicker would be better - and extremely thick would make all the stones too shallo in crown and pavilion.

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,
seeing as how all those computer generated images are of off made 60/60's I would ask -what is the point?
Why not show what a well cut 60/60 looks like?

Anytime a crown angle is greater than 35 dgrees on a round diamond, GIA makes a note on the report- all of the computer generated imaginary 60/60's would have such comments and be considered badly made- ( badly cut).
All the CG stones would have the comment on the GIA report, so buyers could see it in plain english.

To me the smaller tabled "Ideal" cut stones seem to "throttle" the light.

It's a small difference, and I too love Ideal Cut diamonds- however, I still maintain that my favorite proporions are well cut 60/60

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/18/2005 5:16:48 PM
Author: diamondsbylauren
Hi everyone,
seeing as how all those computer generated images are of off made 60/60''s I would ask -what is the point?
Why not show what a well cut 60/60 looks like?

Anytime a crown angle is greater than 35 dgrees on a round diamond, GIA makes a note on the report- all of the computer generated imaginary 60/60''s would have such comments and be considered badly made- ( badly cut).
All the CG stones would have the comment on the GIA report, so buyers could see it in plain english.

To me the smaller tabled ''Ideal'' cut stones seem to ''throttle'' the light.

It''s a small difference, and I too love Ideal Cut diamonds- however, I still maintain that my favorite proporions are well cut 60/60
David GIA will be accepting many diamonds with crown angles over 35 degrees as GIA excellent under the new cut proportions in 2 weeks from today. And not making negative comments.

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
If you are indeed correct, this is a good point.
maybe 36 degree crowns might get top cut grade, but Garry, do you expect they will call a round brilliant with 39+ degrees "excellent"?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2005 6:56:16 PM
If you are indeed correct, this is a good point.

maybe 36 degree crowns might get top cut grade, but Garry, do you expect they will call a round brilliant with 39+ degrees ''excellent''?
I would :}

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
This one looks good to me :}

hmmmmm40.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
IS

hmmmmmm40.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
The numbers

hmmmmmmm40.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Avoiding the fish-eye was the hardest part.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I call it the 40-40

Attachments

• hmmmmm40.gem
    1.6 KB · Views: 45

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
We''ll certainly see storm.

Personally, I feel digially created images of imaginary diamonds tell us nothing. Kind of like digitally created images of people, or animals.
A well cut 60/60 ( actual diamond) looks nothing like those pics Storm, due respect.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2005 7:24:45 PM
We''ll certainly see storm.

Personally, I feel digially created images of imaginary diamonds tell us nothing. Kind of like digitally created images of people, or animals.

A well cut 60/60 ( actual diamond) looks nothing like those pics Storm, due respect.

They are shockingly close, close enough for design work if not buying close yet.
Its not ment to be a 60/60 and I like it better than some 60/60 combos gia facetware has blessed with the exellent title.

The main point is that saying no exellent to very good diamond can have a over 39 degree crown is wrong.

That is just as wrong as saying a 60/60 cant be kicken.
On of the kewlest looking round diamonds iv ever seen in real life had a 65% table atleast.
It didnt have the performance of a super-ideal but it was kewl.
It looked like a wagon wheel with a small hub, spokes and outer rim.
I havent been able to dupicate it in DC yet but it was awesome and sticks in my mind.
I like kewl patterns :}

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe it''s because my photos actually show what a diamond looks like, but I don''t see the use in "virtual" diamonds. Call it "old thinking" - I don''t feel the "Virtual" diamonds look anything like a real one.
Garry- the thousands of people who we are lucky to call customers don''t happen to mind "old fashioned" thinking.

Storm- I am a trained diamond grader- I was trained by Harry Winston inc betyween 1976-1980, and I contest the virtual looks nothing like a real diamond- you feel they do.
Good.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/19/2005 1:20:28 PM
Maybe it''s because my photos actually show what a diamond looks like, but I don''t see the use in ''virtual'' diamonds. Call it ''old thinking'' - I don''t feel the ''Virtual'' diamonds look anything like a real one.
I contest the virtual looks nothing like a real diamond- you feel they do.
Good.
David you can trick up the lighting in the virtual photo''s and rework them in photoshop later too.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Admitting that the DC graphics don't quite jump off the screen...

Garry, any chance someone could make up a photoreal demo that would do that trick? (thinking of Maya or something).

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/19/2005 2:17:04 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)

Date: 12/19/2005 1:20:28 PM
Maybe it''s because my photos actually show what a diamond looks like, but I don''t see the use in ''virtual'' diamonds. Call it ''old thinking'' - I don''t feel the ''Virtual'' diamonds look anything like a real one.
I contest the virtual looks nothing like a real diamond- you feel they do.
Good.
David you can trick up the lighting in the virtual photo''s and rework them in photoshop later too.
Hi Garry- let''s be perfectly clear here: YOU can use whatever tricks you want to do whatever you do to virtual or imaginary images.
OUR photos have not been messed with in photoshop. PERIOD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results