shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone;
I was wondering if anyone here has experience selling a setting to a jewelry store? I am thinking of doing that and I am wondering if it is worth it? If I dont sell the setting I know I can use it for something else, I am torn because I would like the money to put towards another setting, but if people doing that dont get much money back then I dont think it is worth it. What do you all think? thanks

Phil

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve sold 2 rings on consignment with Pearlmans. I got about 1/2 of what I paid for one ring and less than that for the second. I know he will also take some jewelery on a trade but haven''t done that so I''m not sure how much of the value he''ll give. My parents consigned my grandmother''s ring with a local jeweler. It sat for quite a long time and they ended up selling it to him for about 1/3 of the value. The cash was more important to them than the sentimental value or waiting to recoup a higher amount. Most of the time resale is a loss, just varies on how much
40.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results