shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about setting a Diamond???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jbutler17

Rough_Rock
I''m buying a diamond from Good Old Gold tommrow. But if i have them set it it will take 3-4 weeks because they have to send it to a Vatche retailer. I really need this diamond in like 10 days though. There is a local jeweler here in the Washington D.C. area (Charles Alexander) who is a Vatche dealer and said if I bring the diamond in they can set it in like 1 or 2 hours.

My question is, do you think it will be set just as well here at my local jeweler in the Vatche setting that they have in stock or should i wait and have Good Old Gold set it and send it to me in like 3-4 weeks. Thanks

Justin

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
When diamond is set by Vatche, they give you their warranty. If you use another jeweler, Vatche''s warranty is voided so you might want to check with your jeweler what is their policy in this situation.

Please post what you''ll find out.

jbutler17

Rough_Rock
So you don''t think that the warranty will still apply even though the Vatche web site has this place listed on their web site as a Vatche Store Location?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure. If I remember correctly, Vatche warranty only applies when they do setting themselves but you should check it with Vatche/GOG/jeweler.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2005 7:18:18 PM
Author:jbutler17
do you think it will be set just as well here at my local jeweler ...
Justin
Certainly, as Pricescope suggests, figure out the consequences and details of the warranty. Also, and possibly separately, if CA does the work, figure out who is responsible if, in the unusual case, the diamond is damaged during setting.

But, having an "internet" diamond set at a local jeweler is otherwise an ideal scenario, where you get the quality and savings of the diamond from an "away" vendor, but also, use the modest but real services of a "local" jeweler, who you can then depend on to look after you and your ring going forward, checking the security of the prongs, and such, and you can look to him to provide these services without much guilt, as you really are their customer, albeit not for the entire ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results