shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about Princess cut Diamonds.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vipersilver

Rough_Rock
I recently looked at a three princess cut diamonds at a jewelry store and I noticed that all three had a dark area in the center of the diamond. I asked about it and they said it was due to the black ceilings in the store. So we went outside with them and most of it went away, but there was still a little. They said it is probably our heads in the way of the light. I cant remember noticing this in others, but the three stones we were comparing had very different numbers as far as depth and table. Should there be a little darkness in the center of a princess cut when viewing it?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
There will be areas of darkness among the lighter areas but I''d be wary of a stone with an obvious swath of darkness.

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
that''s good one!!!!!

Black ceilings!!!!!

It is possible for princess cuts to have a dark area in the center. This is due to facet patterns, not ceilings.

vipersilver

Rough_Rock
Facet patterns. So would you consider a princess cut with these facet patterns that cause these slight darker areas?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
did you like the look of the stones as compared to others? ultimately, it is your eyes that need to decide.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results