shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about pricescope vendors?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bergman311

Rough_Rock
If the recommended measurements according to gemappraisers.com are as follows:

Depth: 64-75
Table 62-68

Why do most the diamonds that pop up under the pricescope search have measurements outside of those specs?

I''m looking at 1 carat diamonds in VS2, H color, but very few of them fall in between both those %''s. Most have depths that are in that range, but the table measurements mostly seem to be around the 70-79 range.

bergman311

Rough_Rock
I''m just having a hard time figuring out what all to look for and stay within the budget I''ve set of $3200 for a loose diamond! Being new to diamond research, I want to make sure I get a great looking stone and am struggling with so many listings from so many vendors!

bergman311

Rough_Rock
Another thing, how important is it to have as close to a 1:1 width/length ratio. Is it just a preference, or if you get a stone that is more rectangular is it less brilliant, cut worse, etc?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
What shape are you looking for?

bergman311

Rough_Rock
sorry... PRINCESS CUT

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im not that up on them.
They arent my cup of tea but there are several people very well versed in them that will likly be along soon to help you.
Have you tried a pricescope search and checked out the past threads?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you''re going to have to make a list of your priorities for a princess cut and decide what you want to sacrifice on, whether it bet cut, clarity, or even carat weight. for $3200 you will have to make sacrifices.

bergman311

Rough_Rock
Is is even possible to get a carat that has a decent color with a beautiful cut for under $3200? Or have I set my sites way too high and should definitely consider getting something under a carat?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
honestly, you probably won''t find all that you''re looking for in a 1ct princess for that price. the stone i linked you to is as close as you''re gonna get (actually, it''s one of the best i''ve seen!). it really shows nice optics, which is key in princess. just decide where(if) you want to compromise.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I did a quick search and I do think that the diamond Belle posted is going to get you the best bang for your buck. The alternatives are going over your budget or going down considerably in size or cut quality.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results