shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about price - confused.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vintel

Rough_Rock

Just got back from a friend who is a dealer in the diamond district in manhattan. He showed me a 1.78, F color, VS1 clarity, cusion cut diamond. This he priced at $11,000. The setting I want is a shared prong eternity band totalling about 1.5 carats, also E-F, VS1. This he said would cost around $2,500. Together he gave me a price of $13,000, knocking an additional $500 off.

Basically, I just want to know if this is a good deal. He is the first person I went to but I have bought other things from him before and his prices have always been great. However, this will be the first time I am buying a piece of jewelry that is so expensive and honestly, I am a little overwhelmed.

I would greatly appreciate any advice or suggestions. Thanks in advance.

vintel

Rough_Rock
I just wanted to edit that the diamond is GIA certified and is also an E color, not an F as I had originally posted.

Thanks.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can pricescope your stone at the top of the page to see what similar stones are going for. Good luck!!

vintel

Rough_Rock

I feel like I am going to have a coronary. 2 other jewelers told me that $11,000 is impossible for the specs I have listed above.

And another thing that I am confused about is the GIA certification. He said that he cut the diamond a little over 2 weeks ago, and the certification should be coming in the mail in a month or so. Does this make sense? He also said he is a GIA certified appraiser, so is it possible for him to have appraised the diamond himself? But he did say I will get the official GIA papers as soon as he gets them.

But them I am also thinking that the GIA certification isn''t that important because I trust him, and I do believe he is being honest with me.

All I do know is, I am losing my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results