shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about polish

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vegasjon

Rough_Rock
On a 1.35 carat stone as follows:

GIA -- SI1 clarity, F-color, Ideal cut (confirmed) and excellent symmetry...

Is there any concern about a "polish" grade of "very good" (instead of excellence). Checking around, some sites (including this one) and people warn off polish grades of good or lower. Haven't seen anything of concern on Very Good rating in this regard. Just wanted to tap some of the knowledge on this board. Thanks in advance for feedback.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2006 3:17:42 PM
Author:vegasjon
On a 1.35 carat stone as follows:

AGI -- SI1 clarity, F-color, Ideal cut (confirmed) and excellent symmetry...

Is there any concern about a ''polish'' grade of ''very good'' (instead of excellence). Checking around, some sites (including this one) and people warn off polish grades of good or lower. Haven''t seen anything of concern on Very Good rating in this regard. Just wanted to tap some of the knowledge on this board. Thanks in advance for feedback.
Hi VJ.

I''m not familiar with AGI. If the lab has the standards of the AGS/GIA there is negligible visible difference between VG and EX/Ideal in polish and symmetry. It''s distinctions of fine craftsmanship at that level.

vegasjon

Rough_Rock
JohnQ:

I''m an idiot (or rather -- a bit dyslexic today!). That should have read "GIA." I have corrected it in original post.

Glad I didn''t make it "IGA" (Independent Grocers of America. Can''t imagine they would be very good at grading diamonds!).

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2006 3:44:35 PM
Author: vegasjon
JohnQ:

I''m an idiot (or rather -- a bit dyslexic today!). That should have read ''GIA.'' I have corrected it in original post.

Glad I didn''t make it ''IGA'' (Independent Grocers of America. Can''t imagine they would be very good at grading diamonds!).
Oh, I don''t know Jon. Those grocers are a pretty sharp group.
2.gif
Anyway - who hasn''t mixed up a letter or two when in Vegas?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results