shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about Oval Stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

someday

Rough_Rock
Do Oval stones have more sparkle than fancy cut stones? I like rounds now, because of this site and its know sparkle factor, yet rounds are everywhere,and I would like something a little less common. So I am thinking that ovals are rounder than other diamonds, so they should have more brillance than fancy cut stones, I am not asking for a oval to micmic a rounds brillance, but if a oval has more sparkle than a fancy cut. Thanks

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
An oval is a fancy cut. So I guess you mean does an oval out sparkle other fancy cuts. I would say no as I think there are a couple fancy cuts that do better. It depends how well cut the oval is too and I believe l/w is imp.

We had a cool thread here a while back that ranked in order the diff shapes brillance. I recall anything remotely round was at the top and anything with a step cut-like an emerald or anything with varying l/w like an oval did not do so well. I think princesses did ok.

Do a search for shapes and brilliance and you may find it.

The Joker

Shiny_Rock
Some people are bothered by the "Bow Tie" look that is found in most ( not all ) oval shaped diamonds.

Joker....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results