shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about online prices

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

legal

Rough_Rock
Last weekend I bought a ring for my girlfriend at a local jeweler. It was not exactly what I was looking for, but I liked it. Any way, I was browsing around online today and I found my diamond (same GIA ID Number) for sale on nine different websites.

Has anyone else encountered this phenomenon?

Notably, the price my jeweler and I agreed on, including a simple white gold setting, was $ 1200 less than the lowest online price and $ 2200 less than the highest online price. Can anyone explain that? Is something wrong with this rock? or did I just get a really good deal? Let me know what you think.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is strange.
There has to be a pricing error on the wholesalers database and the online vendors pricees are reflecting that.
Are the specs listed the same?

legal

Rough_Rock
Here is a little more info. I know it is the same stone because my jeweler gave me a copy of the certificate and I was able to view the certificate at most of the online retailers. They are exactly the same. The stone is a 1.72 RB, F, VS2, depth 60.3, table 59, ex polish, vg symmetry. Im paying 15500 all cash. Thoughts?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Price looks good.
Not enough information to comment on the cut of the diamond.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Who is your jeweler?
31.gif

Have you asked him? Perhaps it is a diamond that was going to be drop shipped?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results