shape
carat
color
clarity

question about looking at a loose diamond in store

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

striker

Rough_Rock
I just bouht a diamond at Robbins (8th and walnut) in Philadelphia''s Jewelers row.

I put a "small" deposit on the diamond and it looked great in the store, but now i hear tha tthey use special lighting in the store, and it won''t look as good in the normal daylight possibly.

Is this something I shoul dhave considered, am i gonna be pissed when it get''s into the light?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd cancel the order right now.
Spend a couple weeks reading this forum, start with the advanced tutorial at the top of this page under "KNOWLEDGE".

Then if you still want that diamond at Robbins go back and buy it.

I'll bet you won't.

Learn as much as you can *before* buying.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2006 4:10:29 PM
Author: kenny
I''d cancel the order right now.
Spend a couple weeks reading this forum, start with the advanced tutorial at the top of this page under ''KNOWLEDGE''.

Then if you still want that diamond at Robbins go back and buy it.

I''ll bet you won''t.

Learn as much as you can *before* buying.
Yup, that''s what I would do. You really need to learn as much as you can on cut. Good luck!!!
2.gif

striker

Rough_Rock
i did do a lot of research
Dave atlas - AGA cert - on the diamond and they give it a 1B grade for cut

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Call them and ask for a Sarin report on the stone. Get the stas from the certificate, too.
Then you can compare that stone to others on the internet and, at least, find out if the price is fair.

You can post all the info here and these smart PS''ers will give you their opinions.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2006 4:57:56 PM
Author: striker
i did do a lot of research

Dave atlas - AGA cert - on the diamond and they give it a 1B grade for cut

Do they have a return policy?
Im thinking you will love it but a return policy is good thing to have no matter who graded the diamond.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I think it is important to observe a diamond''s performance in a variety of lighting conditions before buying. Those jewelry store lights could make a river rock sparkle!!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I''d go back and take it out of the lights. I also like to put my hand around the stone and cup it so it lights up...so I can start to make out some arrows, etc. I''ve done that when I picked a few stones on my own without anything but numbers..and I did very well.....Do you have any more info about it?

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been in Robbins, and I think their prices are high. They do have some fairly well-cut stones, but they are much higher priced than what you would get from an internet vendor. I was looking at a 1B 0.99 carat radiant with pear sapphire sides in platinum, and they quoted me a price of $8500. I got a 1A 1.03 carat radiant with the same setting online for $5200. So, you definitely do some checking around before committing to their stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results