shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about half-eternity bands

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Just ordered mine yesterday and was now speaking to a friend who''s also getting married soon and is in the process of buying a wedding band. She says her jeweler talked her out of getting a half-eternity band because they supposedly spin too much on the finger. Should I be concerned? Is it really more of a problem with half-eternity bands than with engagement rings? Or is her jeweler just trying to get her to order a more expensive full eternity band?

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
I have one (half), and it is fine!!!! All depnds on how it fits!!! Personally, I like it better, in case it has to be resized, or I don''t have to worry about hurting the stones!!!!
2.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It depends on your hand. Half eternity bands tend to be top heavy and yes, that does make them prone to spinning. If you have larger knuckles, they tend to spin more. It helps if you have is sized to fit snugly. When I got mine it was a bit loose and yes, it spun all the time. Then I had it sized down a half size and it rarely spun. But I also could rarely get it on b/c it was too tight. So now I had it sized back up 1/4 size and it''s just right. It does spin some but I can live with it.

If I were buying a new ring and could afford it, I''d get the full eternity but have it sized a bit larger so that I didn''t have to worry about ever having it sized.

Or I''d get a full eternity with just a small area left for sizing. I''ve seen pix of those too.

amytude

Shiny_Rock
Just my 2 cents, but I personally wouldn''t go for the full eternity (I know that you weren''t asking about that). I''m having a ring made, where the stones will go about 1/2-3/4 of the way around the band. I want to be able to resize, should I need to. Don''t know much about the spinning, though. I don''t have fingers where my knuckles are larger than the base of my finger. I never have any problems with that.

amytude

Shiny_Rock
Well, if I had read correctly the first time, I would have seen that you already bought it. I wouldn''t be too concerned if I were you. Please post pics when you get a chance!

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for your replies. My knuckles are not particularly large so i guess i shouldn't have too much trouble (my engagement doesn't spin at all). I'll definitely post pictures when i get it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results