shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about Canadia Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PeteyPete

Rough_Rock
Hi guys...I''m new to the forums, and diamonds in general, but reading through the archives, i''ve already learned quite a bit.

I''m looking at a ring for the GF...and am leaning towards a Canadia diamond.

Let me give you the specs for the specific stone i''m looking at:

Cut: Round Brilliant
Measurements: 6.44 - 6.46 X 3.99mm
Weight: 1.02ct

Proportions: Ideal
Depth: 61.0%
Table: 57%
Crown Height: 15%
Pavilion Depth: 43.6%
Girdle: Medium, Faceted
Cutlet: None

Finish
Polish: VG
Symmetry: VG

Clarity: SI2
Color Grade: E

Flourescence: Moderate Blue

What would you guys estimate a stone w/ these specification be worth? I was thinking about a "Hearts on Fire" diamond but know someone who knows a bit about diamonds who claims these are similar in cut, but cheaper.

What do you guys think? What would you pay for this stone?

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Well, using the info you gave, the cut advisor gives it:

Light Return: Very Good
Fire: Very Good
Scintillation: Very Good
Spread or diameter for weight: Very Good
Total Visual Performance: 2.8 - Very Good - Worth buying if the price is right

Of course that is using the percentages you gave for crown and pavilion, angles would be more accurate.

Also, make sure you are getting a bit of a discount for having moderate blue fluor in a colorless diamond. And of course, make sure you like flur in an E colored stone. Some people do, some people don''t.

If you want a price comparison, use the tool on the top of the page to find other diamonds that are near these specs.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
For an ideal cut, H&A diamond with no fluor, it seems the price is around 5600-5800 (including the PS discount) FYI.

Here is one of the stones I found:

WhiteFlash Stone

PeteyPete

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/12/2006 11:47:39 AM
Author: Rascal49
For an ideal cut, H&A diamond with no fluor, it seems the price is around 5600-5800 (including the PS discount) FYI.

Here is one of the stones I found:

WhiteFlash Stone

The price I was given was $5600 (plus tax)....How much would the blue flur affect the price? Also, does the fact that the rock is of the Canadia brand affect the price? Is $5600 a good deal or should I try to lean on him a little more?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results