shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about bangs for any hair savy PSer''s!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

niccia

Shiny_Rock
What exactly determines how thick or wispy one''s bangs are? Is it the thickness of one''s hair, or how the hair is cut? I am needing a change, and I want bangs but I''m really scared I will hate them as I haven''t had them since I was really small. My hair is quite thick but really frizzy/wavy so I already know Im going to have to straighten them every day . I don''t want them to be super thick like Mena Suvari or Kate Walsh but not too thin and wispy either a la Maggie Gyllenhaal. I want them just like the last girl in this pic or Mischa Barton. I have a fairly high forehead though, and I am scared if they cut from too far back my bangs will be a mile long lol!

fringes.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
How far back the bangs go determines how thick they are. The farther back you go, the more hair there is, hence thicker bangs :).

niccia

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Robbie !

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Niccia, I have wavy hair with bangs...I too needed a change so I got them in January this year :) Some days, they behave. Some days, they don''t, even with the aid of a flat iron. But, as one of my girlfriends pointed out, this is what headbands are for. :) I say go for it!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2008 8:27:44 PM
Author: Elmorton
Niccia, I have wavy hair with bangs...I too needed a change so I got them in January this year :) Some days, they behave. Some days, they don''t, even with the aid of a flat iron. But, as one of my girlfriends pointed out, this is what headbands are for. :) I say go for it!
I too have wavy hair, and last month, caved to the bang phenomenon going around. For the most part I have enjoyed the change, although definately needed the aid of my flat iron! Also I use Redken whip(kind of like a fluffy cream), which doesn''t leave any greasy look, just helps out with the flyaway and gives a little texture. Sometimes I use it before using the iron(on a lower setting) and it helps keep them smooth.

E B

Ideal_Rock

I hear that! Most of the time, they behave, but I have a cowlick on the right side of my bangs and if I don''t dry them a certain way, it sticks out a bit and looks funny. But I''m so glad I got them- a little bit of extra work for a huge (and good, IMO) difference in the way both my hair and face look!

niccia

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone :) I think I''m going to do it...Im turning the big 30 early next year and I think its time for a change. I''ll post before and afters when I do !

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2008 9:27:25 PM
Author: EBree

I hear that! Most of the time, they behave, but I have a cowlick on the right side of my bangs and if I don''t dry them a certain way, it sticks out a bit and looks funny. But I''m so glad I got them- a little bit of extra work for a huge (and good, IMO) difference in the way both my hair and face look!
Ditto to this, I also have a massive cowlick, so was worried it wouldn''t work. I too have thick, wavy hair.
Most days they stay in place, but mine personally do need to be cut from slightly farther back otherwise my cowlick would just flip up !
For day- to-day wear, I use a mild straightening or relaxing balm while its wet, then rough dry the rest and straighten the fringe. Then use a smoothing serum if needed for frizzies.
here is a pic (dragged from another thread). Not looking as purdy as the girls you posted, lol, but I like me better with then without them.
5.gif

camera%20august%2008%20065-edit1.JPG

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
If I were you, with thick curly hair, I''d get longer, swooping bangs rather than straight across the forehead. Because you''re NOT going to want to straighten your hair EVERY day, and if your bangs are on the longer side, then they''ll be easier to pin back/push to the side, on those lazy no-straightening days.

niccia

Shiny_Rock
Arjunajane - I really like your bangs. That''s about the thickness I would want to go for too.

Therube- my hair is more wavy than curly, but I know what you mean. I straighten it everyday anyway (unless I am not going out) so I don''t think I would mind too much. I don''t really suit the longer sweeping bangs, although I wish I did!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2008 10:22:34 AM
Author: niccia

Arjunajane - I really like your bangs. That''s about the thickness I would want to go for too.

Therube- my hair is more wavy than curly, but I know what you mean. I straighten it everyday anyway (unless I am not going out) so I don''t think I would mind too much. I don''t really suit the longer sweeping bangs, although I wish I did!

TY Niccia!
I actually just got my hair cut again today, and took in some pics of a Spanish catwalk model for "inspiration" - her name is Sheila Marquez - I''m sorry, I looked but couldn''t find any great close up pics online..but I thought this was just what you were referring to....(of course, I don''t look nearly as lovely as her, but her bangs are great!)..
I always find it easiest to take in some photos of styles you like to the hairdresser, and usually get one of those "Hair and Beauty" magazines to rip out the pages..hth!

00300m.jpg

niccia

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! I do love her bangs, and I looked up a few more pics of her as well. I will def take some photos with me and pray that the stylist sticks to them!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I have wavy hair and super short bangs. I have had it that way for so long that I would not feel like myself without them. You can always grow it back out if you hate it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results